Thread: TV Antenna Improtant

Thanks

Default TV Antenna Improtant

hi. also i wish to have ago at making a academy tv atvd18 antenna along with a ca16 antenna for band 3 and want to know if you can measure the following antennas so i can make them to get ch 6 to 12 please as soon as you get this because i fing information but i can only make it for one channel and i want to make it so i can pick up channel 6-12 nothing less.

i also want the arrows on the antenna as well.

can you measure a dy14 or atvd18 or matchmaster dr3018 antenna depending what you have lying around and a ca16 antenna and also a large wide band yagi and phased uhf antenna as soon as you get this please

reason is i find lots of stuff on the internet but nothing that picks up more than one channel

so i need dimensions and element spacings and element sizes for all above antennas

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I am not sure if I have read your request but you want a CA16 (phased array) for Band 3?
    I am also unsure about your comment that nothing you have found on the internet picks up more than one channel as I dont think there has ever been an antenna made that will only pick up one channel.
    I will stand correcting by the real antenna experts here but I believe a mid frequency is chosen of the band required and because it isnt that critical, it will cover it.
    Most of these antennas you want would cost you from $80 to $200 each ready to go and if you get a known brand will give years of service.
    I wouldnt have a clue where to buy the various diameters of tube and insulators.
    I am all for DIY but building this lot is a major job.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

Nope. Sorry. No can do. I don't have the time to go measuring aerials for you. You might be better off to part with the $50 ~ $80 and just buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by shonky12 View Post
    hi. also i wish to have ago at making a academy tv atvd18 antenna along with a ca16 antenna for band 3 and want to know if you can measure the following antennas so i can make them to get ch 6 to 12 please as soon as you get this because i fing information but i can only make it for one channel and i want to make it so i can pick up channel 6-12 nothing less.

i also want the arrows on the antenna as well.

can you measure a dy14 or atvd18 or matchmaster dr3018 antenna depending what you have lying around and a ca16 antenna and also a large wide band yagi and phased uhf antenna as soon as you get this please

reason is i find lots of stuff on the internet but nothing that picks up more than one channel

so i need dimensions and element spacings and element sizes for all above antennas
    Reality is an invention of my imagination.
    ಠ_ಠ

Thanks

Gordon, they are optimised for a particular band usually.

A band 3 (6-12) antenna will pick up channel 2 VHF but it won't receive the signal as well as an antenna that is optimised for it.

As far as I understand, the longer the dipoles (& rods hanging off the antenna), the lower the frequency it will be able to receive at optimum levels.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

exactly george, thats what I am saying here, all antennas are designed for the optimum frequency but because it can never be made so exact as to totaly block a frequency either side.
    ie one cut for 800 Mhz be it radio,TV whatever, will still function a good Mhz either side.

Quote : i also want the arrows on the antenna as well.:unquote

What 'arrows' ???
    In the Premium Memberrs forun recently, the ARRL & RGB antenna Handbooks along with a book on Yagis were made available.