Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What tow car for $10k-$15k that woman will drive?????

Thanks

Default What tow car for $10k-$15k that woman will drive?????

I'm trying to find a tow car for my girlfriend as her parents have given us a Caravan, but I can't find one she will drive...

she wants a Nissan X-Trail, but their just creeping up a little to much in value for us, she wont drive anything to big, to ugly, to Commercial or to expensive to run, she wants a manual because she hates auto's, and a Euro car is out of the question after her last car (VW Passat)

the only other thing I can think of is a Rav-4, but the X-Trail offers so much more for an extra $2k it doesn't even seem worth looking at the Rav-4's

I want her to get a Hilux, but she just chuffs at the idea of a ute...

she won't drive a Commo or Falcon nor do I want her to

her currant car is a WRX wich I thought would tow alright, but they only have a 750kg towing capacity with brakes!!! the caravan weighs in at 900kg and thats before you load it up with camping gear...

so I'm just lost for idea's

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

She prefers manual and drives a WRX?

Marry her.

Suzuki Grand Vitara V6, second hand. You should just manage for $15K.

Plenty of room for kids too....in the future of course.

Thanks

Hey HB

Pro's - I have an xtrail and the last couple of days been towing a tandem trailer with 2 x 1100 litre water tanks and is not too bad for an automatic petrol. I have towed boats (big & little), horses (big & little) and a broken car (standard ute). It does about 450klm before the orange light comes on for the fuel - but that is around the 45 litres. I have the ST version

Cons....The middle dash thing is funny until you get used to it, plastic front guards, an exhaust issue that does require someone who's good wth a mig welder (if you get one I'll tell you)

The power loss from the wrx to the xtrail may be an issue for the other 99% of driving and it is definately not a sports vehicle.....

Overall a comfortable good vehicle and I think worth the money - but that's only me

f

Thanks

@ Godzilla, I keep her out of auto's, I tell her how shit they are all the time, so in a way I have brainwashed her lol, the WRX was my idea as well, she just likes the look of them, she won't have another Suzuki, her first car was a Swift and it fell to pieces! amazingly her sister still drives it with over 300k's and hasn't had an oil change in the last 60000k's, but it's more the squeak's and noises they develop that she hates

@ freakee1, I know there a good car, and if we had the dosh to get a low k model we would have one by the weekend, but it seems for 15k you can only get something with 98000k's and up, meaning we would have to do the 100000k service.

she's not worried about loosing the power of the WRX, just as long as she has enough to get her out of trouble if she ****s up (pulls out in front of someone ect ect ect)

and if she downgrades power she has to replace it with something I can have fun in so a little 4x4 seems the go, I just won't tell her that, but I wouldn't mind seeing how far I can get one up at toolangi state forest

Thanks

just noticed the kids comment!!!

wash your mouth out godzilla! such language will not be tolerated!

Thanks

Thanks

I pretty much thought I had covered all bases, and with the lack of replies it seems I did so very well.

f**king woman, why can't she just drive an SR5 turbo diesel dual cap lux!

Thanks

Rodeo
    What happens if I press alt + F4?

Thanks

hahahahahahahhahhahahahahahhhahahahhahahahahahhaah

I showed her a picture of a rodeo, and she reckons she almost dry reached!

she reckons there uglier than the hilux's and there a ute.

I think she might just be trying to be difficult hoping i will give in and buy an X-Trail

Thanks

Buy an old F100 paint it poo brown and chain her to it, she will grow to like it.
    What happens if I press alt + F4?

Thanks

Or get a hilux and fit Xtrail badges to it.

Like she'd know the diffrence.

Thanks

How about a forester or liberty?

Thanks

Last edited by Dale; 18-02-09 at 03:39 PM. Reason: didnt read where hillbilly said the weight of the van

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbertron View Post
    How about a forester or liberty?
    Foresters couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding! I drove a GT forester before we got the WRX and it was amongst one of the slowest Turbo cars I have ever driven, and I have driven a 1983 Volvo turbo something a rather

Liberty's are nice and we where looking at them before we bought her WRX, but she decided against them for reasons only known to her not to mention the towing capacity is still a little low
    500kg without brakes!!!
    1400kg with brakes.

not to mention both cars seem to have a shit load of K's on them for around that price range

I like the sounds of the F100, I'll just get a Bronco and tell her it's economical, reliable, has a great towing capacity, it's about the same size as an X-Trail ect ect ect.

******************DREAMS****************

Godzilla surprisingly she knows her cars, she has this ability once she has associated the image of a car with something in her life (like looking for a new car) she seems to remember a shit load about it!

she was realing off stats of a GT forester to car salesman last week, and we haven't looked at them for over a year now!

Thanks

A Bronco on LPG may be the answer then and their as solid as a brick shithouse.

Just try to avoid hitting anything solid as they dont have crumple zones.

Hitting other cars should be like landing in a soft cushion, you may not notice the bump when running a car over.

Any woman who knows too much about cars is trouble.....i prefer Zeds methods....what red supercharged car (sitting under your nose, under a cover in the shed)? That blower whine on your (stock) LPG car is just a loose belt..... Good luck, you have been warned mate.

Thanks

nah she knows about my other cars, and has learnt to much for me to hide anything from her

I was replacing all my suspension with Koni shock's, Whiteline springs and sways, longer LCA's, NRCA's, and she sat their and tried to figure out the benefit of each item!!!! the f**ked part is she got it all right! even the NRCA's!!! it took me hours of reading before I knew what an NRCA did!

she pretends not to know to much, and it really doesn't interest her, but she could probably tell you the specs of my Drifter better than me!

I'm trying to bring her around to the idea of her driving my daily Corolla (soon to be a 110kw atw and 900kg) while WE buy a GU Patrol, this way I'll have

my sleeper
    my drifter
    my 4x4
    & my project

Thanks

Screw the tow car...save the money & send her off to law school - worked for me! She has the memory and IQ for it...

Thanks

I tried that to mate

she is a myotherapist working in a rehab hospital, and she pretty much tells the Physiotherapists how to do their jobs!

I told her to go back to school and become a Physio and start earning some serious dosh, but she just doesn't have the drive to further her career.

it's pretty annoying really, every job I have ever had I have treated as an opportunity for bigger things, and it has got me places!

but she treats her job as something she has to do to live! I keep telling her we work to live, not live to work!

after seeing an SR5 Hilux dual cab with chrome bull bar and roll bars she is beginning to like the look of them

Thanks

Maybe a lift kit with some ballons for wheels will bring her around.

Thanks

nah she's weird, I mentioned a lifted Lux with 33's that was for sale on carsales, and she instantly had no interest!

she doesn't want me to trash her new car after my last 4x4, which I didn't trash, I just thought it was good to test it's durability, lol

she's back onto the X-Trail though, so I told her wait 6 months and we can get one, but until then we'll just have to do without.

but that doesn't work into her plans for Easter so she's lowering her standards to allow for higher K's, and further away, she wants to look at one in Bendigo!!!

F**K THAT!

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast