Thread: Best 8000/384 Plan

Thanks

Default Best 8000/384 Plan

Hi all just got my inernet bill from comcen and at $250 plus and no shaping option on my old 90GIG 1.5 plan its time to move on(4 TEENAGERS IN THE HOUSE SMASH THE NET BIG TIME).Its a shame nearly 10 years with them charging 13.9c a meg exess(my exess was $175 for about 1.1GIG)seemed a bit rude when the newer plans only atract a $10 a GIG penalty!

So Im looking for a generouse 8000/384 Plan best I have found is Exetel
    $85.00 54 gbytes +27 gbytes Plan but have heard some complaints.Can anyone offfer any alternatives? even a decent 1.5 plan as I live at Narellan nsw and theres no chance we are getting adsl 2 here as TPG even pulled the plug on us.

Thanks Tony

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

What's wrong with Exetel?

I have an ADSL2 account with Exetel and I am extremely happy - they are most economical and speeds are good.

I know that some people complain about Exetel, but if you know how to set up your equipment and are capable of fault-finding any small problems that might occur, they are definitely very good value for money.

If however, you are unable to do this, perhaps another ISP would be more appropriate for you.

I was very happy with my previous local ISP until they sold the business to a major Australian ISP, who in turn were swallowed up yet again.
    When the last takeover occurred, their service, accounts and help centre disappeared off-shore with the result, all service detereorated to such a large extent that I decided to change.

After looking around for several weeks, I joined Exetel and I'm very glad that I did.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback tristen Im more than capable of setting up and trouble shooting. I have an electrical/electronic trade background and had experience in setting up servers and software mods. I wish I could get adsl2 those plans are so much better vale than adsl 1!

Tony

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

oztony.

Be aware that Exetel do slow p2p traffic to conserve bandwidth, so if this is your main concern, it might be a problem for you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oztony View Post
    Hi all just got my inernet bill from comcen and at $250 plus and no shaping option on my old 90GIG 1.5 plan its time to move on(4 TEENAGERS IN THE HOUSE SMASH THE NET BIG TIME).Its a shame nearly 10 years with them charging 13.9c a meg exess(my exess was $175 for about 1.1GIG)seemed a bit rude when the newer plans only atract a $10 a GIG penalty!

So Im looking for a generouse 8000/384 Plan best I have found is Exetel
    $85.00 54 gbytes +27 gbytes Plan but have heard some complaints.Can anyone offfer any alternatives? even a decent 1.5 plan as I live at Narellan nsw and theres no chance we are getting adsl 2 here as TPG even pulled the plug on us.

Thanks Tony
    I am on this plan and find exetel very good, if you use agent no 807 you will get $15 credit to your account.

Thanks

Thanks brian/100 shuld be churning any time now.Whats the agent no 807 thingy.

Tony