Thread: server 2003 how to make a vpn with shared net

Thanks

Default server 2003 how to make a vpn with shared net

hi guys didnt no if to put this in networking or operating systems threads but my problem is i have 2 network cards on my old 478 mobo that im using as a server.

my internet gos to one network card and the other to my hub and router now because iv got internet sharing on server 2003 i cant make a vpn it keeps saying go into services and stop windows/firewall/netsharing but i cant because then i dont get internet to any over my pcs so guys is there anyway around this thanks guys hope this makes sens

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ness 1982 View Post
    hi guys didnt no if to put this in networking or operating systems threads but my problem is i have 2 network cards on my old 478 mobo that im using as a server.

my internet gos to one network card and the other to my hub and router now because iv got internet sharing on server 2003 i cant make a vpn it keeps saying go into services and stop windows/firewall/netsharing but i cant because then i dont get internet to any over my pcs so guys is there anyway around this thanks guys hope this makes sens

nope.

Thanks

ok thing is i cant make a vpn because im sharing internet on one network card to the other so one has a obtain ip automatically and the other has a static ip and every time i want to make a vpn server 2003 just comes up saying turn net sharing off in services to make a vpn so is there a way around this

Thanks

hi guys got it working did a reload and did it another way and it worked with out cutting off my net

Thanks

Default about OS

An (commonly abbreviated OS and O/S) is the software component of a computer system that is responsible for the management and coordination of activities and the sharing of the resources of the computer. The operating system acts as a host for applications that are run on the machine. As a host, one of the purposes of an operating system is to handle the details of the operation of the hardware. This relieves application programs from having to manage these details and makes it easier to write applications. Almost all computers, including handheld computers, desktop computers, supercomputers, and even video game consoles, use an operating system of some type. Some of the oldest models may however use an embedded operating system, that may be contained on a compact disk or other data storage device.

Thanks

Has 'knowitall' been recarnated?