Thread: lcd tv help

Thanks

Default lcd tv help

not sure if this is in the right place......

My mum got a new lcd tv delivered from radio rentals here in adelaide last week. When they installed it all digital and hd channels had no signal!!! He then tuned in all analogue channels and told my mum its her arieal, not their problem and left. I was so angry to think that shes renting this tv to be able to have digital and hd tv and all shes left with is the same as she had on her old tv and the picture is quite crappy at that. Does anyone know why she cant get them? my antenna is way older than hers and we get digital/hd perfectly. Now we may have to call someone out and god knows how much thats going to cost her. Shes quite upset about it and I feel its my fault as I was the one that convinced her to get it rather than just a set top box. Any suggestions would be appriciated.

Cheers
    Rob's Wife

Look Here ->
    Thanks

It really is not their problem. For a start, make sure all connections are good (wiring)
    The difference is that an analog signal will work with crappy connections with a little picture degradation.
    With digital, it needs the whole signal or no go.
    What happens if I press alt + F4?

Thanks

if you havnt got one, buy a cheap dtv box, connect it up at her place an d see if you can scan and receive digital tv, if you can take her tv to your place and see if you can tune the dtv channels, if you can, maybe buy a tv antanna and rg6 coax cable and reinstall the antenna, this is a 6 hour job if you need to do a carefull install, 2hrs if its just swap antanna and run coax direct to the tele.

if the tele cant tune, ask for a replacment.