Thread: Question on the PS3 60GB PAL CECHCO1/2 console compatability?

Thanks

Default Question on the PS3 60GB PAL CECHCO1/2 console compatability?

Hey guys,

This is just a very quick question not requiring all that much input...I have been thinking on investing in the above PS3 console. However, its not only the COST of games that initially put me off, but the fact that more and more people are finding they rarely use it -- not to mention only 80GB versions are sold in stores for a MUCH better price.

As we all know this one would be backwards compatable with PS1/2 PAL games with software modification...But my question is this; I actually have quite a few backups from some old PS1/PS2 games that were eventually scratched beyond read or sold back when I needed the money...And so:

CAN this console actually play DVD-R and CD-R backups in this instance? Or are we still stuck in the "no-hack" zone for PS3s in general? Or is there some kind of hardware modification available to us I can look into? If not, there's only a handful of games that appeal to me and make this PS3 console less attractive to buy given I do have some old time favourites whose original discs never stood the test of time!

Thanks everyone. This will make my decision much easier.
    Last edited by roosta; 25-02-09 at 08:01 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

There was some mod(hardware) to play ps2 backups...involved installing a switch on the drive....not worth stuffing around IMO....if u want to play ps2/psx backups, ps2 slims are cheap & will do all that is required.
    PrecisionMods