Thread: Media Sat PC

Thanks

Default Media Sat PC

After messing around with cable and releasing ali_opt on the forum I now want to get into some sat stuff as I haven't really messed with it and I have recently bought a house that I can get sat stuff installed rather than when i couldn't renting in a unit.

I'm looking at setting up a Media PC running Winxp with a sat card installed (was looking to try to get a S2 sat card for High def when it comes out). I'm looking at the versions of software I will need in both cases below.

I want to mess around with some Card sharing of NDS and IR2 and was after my options as I don't want to outlay too much on a media PC if I cant do what I want.

Two options I can see are;

1.) Get a DM500c to share a NDS card on the cable network at one location then share that to another place over net where the Media PC will be.

On the DM500c run latest Gemini image and NewCS/CCcam and on the Media PC run Progdvb and wincs.

What can I use as a softcam for NDS on windows? and if there is no windows option can i run CCam in a linux vmware machine on the windows machine and somehow get progdvb to see it from the windows machine??

2.) Get a programmed whitey from somewhere and have it running in a phoenix connected to the serial port of the media PC and from there i'm not really sure. Install latest version of Greywolf on the media PC so the card updates and somehow get it talking to a softcam running on the media PC then getting progdvb or similar to talk to it? Any ideas?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I havent received any response yet.

For number 2 above could this work? Have a phoenix connected to a windows media pc running greywolf midnight and a dreambox running newcamd connecting to the windows pc updating the card. Then the same windows media pc could run progdvb and wincs to connect to the newcamd on the dreambox?

Basically my question is does anyone have a whitey running on a windows PC and display pictures with a softcam on a windows PC? e.g. without a dreambox

Thanks

Could someone please help me out?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ingxen View Post
    I havent received any response yet.

For number 2 above could this work? Have a phoenix connected to a windows media pc running greywolf midnight and a dreambox running newcamd connecting to the windows pc updating the card. Then the same windows media pc could run progdvb and wincs to connect to the newcamd on the dreambox?

Basically my question is does anyone have a whitey running on a windows PC and display pictures with a softcam on a windows PC? e.g. without a dreambox
    Well i am not good with cable stuff, but i can not see a problem with what you want to do, if you use the correct software and plugins for you card
    you will find heaps of info relating to what you want on most sat forums its just a matter of searching.

Tagg

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ingxen View Post
    After messing around with cable and releasing ali_opt on the forum I now want to get into some sat stuff ..........

Out of interest did you release it or write it?

I've never seen much discussion on this forum in the way of sharing and viewing on a windows pc. Hope you get an answer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by warbo View Post
    Out of interest did you release it or write it?

I've never seen much discussion on this forum in the way of sharing and viewing on a windows pc. Hope you get an answer.
    Ali was written by someone else and the ultra code in it was modified and released as ali_opt (the E2 code was untouched). The person who modified the code gave it to me at a bus stop and I don't know who they are