Thread: Naked DSL with Telstra Only - no choice!!!

Thanks

Default Naked DSL with Telstra Only - no choice!!!

Hi

We are thinking of upgrading to ADSL2. All the service providers we contact say it is not available in our area. However Telstra say they can give to us. How can this be surely every ISP doesn't have their exchange etc. Are Telstra allowed to do this? They are the last ISP we want to use!!!!
    If I want too,I can, I will

Look Here ->
    Thanks

there are many many many exchanges that only have telstra dslam's in them ( mine being one ) and as such they are the only ones to offer the adsl2.

I did read though that iinet and internode offer it on exchanges they don't have their own gear on by re-selling the telstra and its expensive.

also if you were specifically after naked then no way in hell would you get that from telstra as they don't nor will they for the foreseeable future ever offer naked dsl

Thanks

Telstra will allow them no problems, simply other ISP's can't find a way to make money off you and your area is uneconomical.
    * Bill Paxton is the only actor to be killed by Alien, a Terminator, and the Predator.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post
    I did read though that iinet and internode offer it on exchanges they don't have their own gear on by re-selling the telstra and its expensive.

Thanx. Yep Internode do my exchange. It does cost more than regular internode but still heaps cheaper than telstra.

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bambbbam View Post
    Telstra will allow them no problems, simply other ISP's can't find a way to make money off you and your area is uneconomical.
    There is a complaint to the US free trade commission by primus that mentions Telstra tactics of obstructing equipment installations. Seems they do all they can to delay and obstruct competitors.

Not sure if it’s changed now but they also would not wholesale ADSL2 only ADSL1 which until recently was artificially speed limited to 1.5 mb

Telstra's denial of access to exchanges to deploy DSLAM equipment - in breach of FTA Article 12.1 1, which mandates interconnection. While the ACCC has examined the practice and taken some steps to improve transparency, through introducing what is referred to as record keeping rules, anticompetitive delays and misinformation still burden the process. Following on from the review conducted last year by the USTR and consequent closer attention by the ACCC, Telstra revisited its list of “capped exchanges.”26

These are exchanges where Telstra had purportedly advised there was no room for access seeker equipment to be installed. As a result of that review many more exchanges were reclassified as open for installation of the equipment. To date Telstra has not been required to compensate industry participants for the impact on their businesses. It is concerning that delays and inefficient build processes still govern the deployment and installation process.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HoochDaTank View Post
    Hi

We are thinking of upgrading to ADSL2. All the service providers we contact say it is not available in our area. However Telstra say they can give to us. How can this be surely every ISP doesn't have their exchange etc. Are Telstra allowed to do this? They are the last ISP we want to use!!!!
    Thats crap...

Internode can offer ADSL2+ services . Its called TwoPlus plans.

Internode have access to all Telstra DSLAMS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HoochDaTank View Post
    Thanx. Yep Internode do my exchange. It does cost more than regular internode but still heaps cheaper than telstra.

Yep that is crap as per post about 3 above

Thanks

follow this link with your phone number and it will tell you all the providers at your local exchange with adsl2 rights