Thanks

Default Watchmen

Brilliant.
    ...In Somnis Veritas...

Look Here ->
    Thanks

more info ?

Thanks

Nice review osiris777 short and sweet, just got this myself can't wait to watch it

Tagg

Thanks

dont download it fools!
    get back to the cinema and experience the movies you reallly wanna see the way they are meant to be watched.
    its a dark and moody superhero movie with a difference.
    i have read the comic its based on so i was waiting for it.
    wondering anyones thought who has watched it who hasnt read the comic.
    ...In Somnis Veritas...

Thanks

Well for one i did not read the comix book, so i went in to movie with no preconcived idea's about it. I found this movie great it had the touch of Sin City about it took a bit to get into the story line but once there i was hooked.
    the surshack guy (?) he was great crazy but with style. I totaly enjoyed this movie, the music was cool.

Tagg

Thanks

yea i wana see this one for sure.

Thanks

they did really a very good job of converting it from comic to movie
    and fyi, in the comic there are parts spread out through out it where it actually delves into a comic within a comic called "Tales from the Black Freighter". it is kind of a parralel storyline reflecting whats going on within the main comic.
    this has been made into an animated movie

and if thats not all, within the comic also there are excerpts from a novel called "Under the Hood" this is meant to be a book one of the old retired superheroes wrote about his experiences, i seen something somewhere about that having something done to it also.
    and for those of you that cant be asses reading the comic, they have catered to you also, there is a motion comic version on blueray
    there is also gonna be a version of Watchmen released with "Tales" cut into it as in the comic.
    so basically the final and definitive version of Watchmen will be about 3.5 hrs long, phew.
    ...In Somnis Veritas...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osiris777 View Post
    dont download it fools!
    get back to the cinema and experience the movies you reallly wanna see the way they are meant to be watched.
    its a dark and moody superhero movie with a difference.
    ^ Listen to this guy, he speaks the truth!

Thanks

Like Peter Jackson's Lord Of The Rings trilogy, Watchmen distils the spirit of it's source material rather than literally translating it in the style of Robert Rodriguez' Sin City. Much of the detail from the source material is necessarily discarded (some regrettably so - the subplot of Rorschach's alter ego and the death of Hollis Mason, for example) but, as a whole it holds together very well. Those unfamiliar with the source material will find nothing untoward here unlike, say, the Harry Potter films where the plot gaps are enormous. The film evens manages to pull off the near impossible by presenting an alternative ending which is more elegant than the original.

Director, Zack Snyder, displays a penchant for comedy and visual flair in presenting a great opening montage which provides a brief recent history of this alternative universe and sets up the story to follow. He also employs an interesting and provocative use of songs which are almost always innappropriately tagged to incongruous scenes (ballads over fight sequences, for instance) and could easily have become cliché but somehow they work, coming over instead as comical and ironic and further reinforcing that this alternative reality is slightly out of kilter with our own. There's a lot of apparent depth here, it's like several movies in one. Many of the the characters are of sufficient complexity that they could have featured in a simpler (and much lesser) movie of their own. Let's hope that the franchise is not cheapened by a succession of inferior "origin story" sequels.

Performances are all adequate for their roles although Matthew Goode seems a little miscast as Adrian Veidt, lacking the apparent body mass that would be credibly required to perform the feats of strength that he does, but this is a minor point. The film belongs to Jackie Earle Haley, however. His performance of Rorschach is spot on - he's only a little fella but, boy, can he kick arse! - and improves even further when his alter ego is revealed, shifting the film up another gear when it was already cruising along at a decent clip. Criticism of Malin Akerman is unfounded; her purpose is to stand there and look pretty and bed the heroes as the script requires, a role she performs quite nicely, thank you very much.

While the structure of the plot may be a little multi-stranded to be neatly cohesive, there's more than enough interest in the various plot strands throughout and the result is a comic book.....oops, sorry......"graphic novel" adaptation which surpasses Zack Snyder's previous (and rather woeful) 300; indeed it's one of the best ever made.

9 out of 10.

Thanks

the part with Hollis will be included in the directors cut
    and also there will be a sequel to 300, Frank Miller is writing it is as a graphic novel first.
    ...In Somnis Veritas...

Thanks

One of the best movies I've ever seen.

Better than Ewoks Caravan of Courage.

Thanks

I like a man who uses Caravan Of Courage as his benchmark. (It's hard to be disappointed with anything that way.)

Thanks

It was good at the cinema, the action was a little overdone, the mostly nude blue guy will cause some issue, but the pshycological subplot is something else again. Don't go if you have no ability to process complex thoughts, or cant deal with a three hour epic.

Thanks

well after watching the watchmen, i had to watch the other two under the hood and Black Freighter. Now under the hood was good as it gave you alot more info about the watchmen a wee bit boring but thats to be expected as it was setup as an interview but enjoyable. Now the tales of Black Freighter what can i say WTF man goes insane kills wife and a few others, now before people jump on me, yes i did understand the plot of it and why he did what he did in the end, But what i can't understand is how does this movie fit in with the rest ??? Maybe osiris777 can explain it to me as seems to have a good understanding of this writer ??.

Tagg