Thread: My Garmin experience GOOD

Thanks

Default My Garmin experience GOOD

Last week I decided to do a software update on my faithful Nuvi 660 which has been my travelling companion for the last 2 years and a hundred thousand or so kilometres in my truck, inc a week in a motor home driving across the USA.

To my horror the USB socket broke off inside the Nuvi. As the Nuvi was out of warranty I decided to have a go at repairing it myself, I could not get it apart with damaging it, and the ribbon cable connector broke off on the antenna. I was about to toss it in the bin but I could not afford another one, this one cost me $950 a few years back.

I wrote a letter to Garmin service saying that my Nuvi has a broken USB socket and thanks to my repair effort a broken antenna as well, and that I liked the unit but thought the suction mount really did suck as it kept falling off the windscreen which is why my Nuvi was in poor cosmetic condition from being picked up off the floor of the truck everyday and on one occasion being trapped under the brake peddle.

I asked for a quote to repair my Nuvi and said that if it was beyond economical repair I would most likely not buy another Garmin GPS to replace it with as I also have a Navman in my truck that almost never became unstuck from the windscreen. I also said I had had 4 Garmin GPS units over the last few years and that I had always been happy with them all.

Less than a week later while I was expecting a phone call or a email with a quote for the repair, When a courier dropped of a package, I saw Garmin as the sender on the sticker and though oh well my buggered Nuvi has been returned to me, and as I have had no correspondence from Garmin, it must be unrepairable.

Now imagine my surprise and shock to fine a brand new Nuvi 660 in the bubble wrapping! I know the 660 has been replaced with the 760 but this is a brand new 660, I was so happy. Another surprise came later to find it had 2009 maps on it, I was so happy.

I have had a bit of bad luck over the last few months (11) in the way of a work injury that sees me sitting at home worrying if I will ever be able to walk without pain again, so it brought tears to my eyes to have this small win,

Thanks Garmin!!!

Yobbo

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Garmin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssrattus View Post
    Garmin
    Great News,

Its nice to see someone doing it hard,getting a bit of a lift.

Hope you get well soon,and enjoy your new GPS.

WELL DONE GARMIN.

John