Thread: J-pac

Thanks

Default J-pac

Hi,

Has anyone got a J-pac they would like to sell? or anyone know of any good aussie places to buy?

thanks in advance

Look Here ->
    Thanks

ozstick is the distributor over here mate...

you also see em pop up on ebay occasionally but they usually go for a similar price to new there
    Modding Xbox, Xbox360 and Wii consoles - all versions.
    Located in Wollongong, NSW.

Thanks

Excellent.

So they are a Austech sponser? I've not noticed.

Now Im trying to decide whether I want just a jpac or whether I need an arcadevga card as well? (hmm wonder if I can get discount for both).

Basically my problem is I know that I need a Jpac as I want ot use original cab controls - though Does it support 2 players with 6 buttons on each? I read you needed more than just the jpac to do this.

I have a monitor (Pentranics A68PNT19X model#1127) which i suspect is 15khz only... but really have no idea how to find out and havent found anything online.
    Assuming it is 15khz only and I don't use a arcadevga then ill end up using soft-15khz to make it work. Has anyone used this? with it, can I load windows and run mame32 or does it mean I can only run dos??

Thanks in advance.... looking forward to my newbie project!!

Thanks

No. I don't believe so but to be honest I can't think of a sponsor that does sell em (I did have a look when I bought mine a year ago).

The setup you describe sounds like mine:

I have an old LAI lowboy cab, 6 buttons each player (I think you will find that the JPAC does 8 and some others... I can check tonight if you like). I am using the original monitor and chassis (15kHz) and am using softvga.

wrt the monitor (unless it is a newer model I'd say it is definitely 15kHz), the jpac is useful for filtering the video signal from your pc during startup (as soft 15khz wont be active yet) which will prevent damage to older monitors. It also will boost the signal to the monitor to standard arcade levels --- so it is very useful in this respect. I highly recommend the JPAC if you have existing JAMMA wiring

The jpac has no onboard audio amplifier. I had to put a small amplifier in the cab to boost the level (even though my cab already had one, the level from the pc seemed too low).

I run my whole setup thru a cut down version of windows. I am using the maximus frontend running mame.

Any more questions just ask mate.
    Modding Xbox, Xbox360 and Wii consoles - all versions.
    Located in Wollongong, NSW.

Thanks

Thanks Mate, appreciate the help!!

Now I think ill start with a jpac and soft mod knowing I wont be damaging the monitor.

Only other question I had (though I think I know the answer) is whether the jpac needs any other power source?

I'm stripping a cab at the moment and am about the remove the power supply. The monitor chassis has own power and the rest will be powered by the pc - so cant see why id need it.

If you could check with the jpac button setup that would be great!!

From your experience is how hard is wiring up the jpac? From what I understand the monitor has 5 cables which run straight to it and the rest is just plug in??

Again thanks for your help!! :-D

Thanks

Metallima

You might want to have a look at .
    It has alot of info and people are helpful with arcade specific stuff.