Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exetel opinions please.

Thanks

Default Exetel opinions please.

Hi all.
    I'm currently with TPG and never realy have any problems with it but the exetel monthly download quota and peak times make Exetel very attractive, what I would like is comments and opinions from Exetel users especialy north coast NSW users about dropouts, how gaming is, service quality etc. If what I read in this and the Whirlpool forums is correct its a lot better than it was three odd years ago.
    Many thanks in advance for any opinions.
    Cheers from snibs.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snibs View Post
    Hi all.
    I'm currently with TPG and never realy have any problems with it but the exetel monthly download quota and peak times make Exetel very attractive, what I would like is comments and opinions from Exetel users especialy north coast NSW users about dropouts, how gaming is, service quality etc. If what I read in this and the Whirlpool forums is correct its a lot better than it was three odd years ago.
    Cheers from snibs.
    i'm with exetel and find them very good, i'm in perth no problems with dropouts.

Thanks

Exetel is good & cheap if you know what you are doing as there is minimum support so you have to fix your own problems if you could do that then they have the best deals around I have been with them for about 5 years highly recommended
    who,when,where,why

Thanks

I've been with exetel for 4-5 years now...
    Never had a problem... if you are not so tech savvy and require support then exetel I would not recommend...

Thanks

Thanks for the replys so far, I'm ok with any problems this end, was just wondering about there end but its sounding good so far.
    Thanks again.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Hello Snibs,

Have you tried using the SEARCH button?
    I'm not being nasty, but this question has been asked many times before and some of the replies could very well contain information, which will help you make a decision whether or not to join Exetel.

I'll repeat what I have said several times before on these forums: I'm with Exetel and I'm very happy with the service. (I'm not in your geographical area though).

Thanks

i've been with exetel for a few years now(adsl1) and they've been fantastic.. tech support is practically zero though.. but i keep an working adsl modem spare so as soon as something happens i'll chuck the spare on to see if its my end or theirs.. which i had to do for the first time a couple of weeks ago when they had what seemed to be a nationwide outage(thank god for neighbours unsecured wireless at the time.. as i was able to see that other people were experiencing problems too).. but the issue was rectified without about 2 hours so no biggie.. other than that they've been great.. although i have heard mixed reports about their adsl2.

el

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snibs View Post
    Hi all.
    Cheers from snibs.
    I am in Coffs Harbour too mate. I tried to go with exetel but they don't offer just their ADSL2+ plans here. You have to either go naked or change your home phone over too, which I couldn't do as the phone is my landlords.

So now I am with Locall Australis ADSL2+, i live down west high St ~1km from CBD and I get a 22~23mbit connection.
    I get 70gb download in total for $90/mo, and I usually use all of that up. There customer service is great, when you call you talk to a native english speaking Australian that actually is here in Australia. If you are considering ADSL2 - i use to be located in Jean St and had a 16~17mbit connection there.

Thanks

I am in Port Mac and on ADSL1 8Mb never any probs would recomend deffinatley been with them for close to 4 yrs but like said b4 not the best tech support for untechnical poeples but if there was an issue on there end there pretty quick to fix.

Thanks

If you need suport then get Exetel from a resaler , then the resaler will give you some suport

Thanks

ive been with exetel for about 2 years now. the first year was just poor, constent drop out issues, slow off-peak rates etc. atm its all fine, dispite having a slower speed than my first year. ive had little to no problems - with exetel, only my modems.

just on that, why woul two netgear problem excatly the same model give connection problems, while a d-link works perfectly. ill be using the netgears get it up and going, on restart of my computer, the connection is gone, two of them. the dlink works fine no issues.

i prefer the netgears because they give me about 50kbs more speed.

thanks and sorry

Thanks

Been with Extel for around 4 years on ADSL 1 and havent had too many problems , however my mate down the end of the street has been with the for around the same time and decided to go over too ADSL 2 + and thats where the problems started , he has had constant drop outs and continues down time of upto 2 days out of seven each week , Im not sure if you could blame this on Exetel as I think it maybe an infrastructure problem but as usual no one wants to know about it , thats my two cents for all its worth.

Cheers

JH

Thanks

I hear they are good.. keep in mind that they have just started voluntarily censoring their network, all sorts of problems being reported.. more here

* Bill Paxton is the only actor to be killed by Alien, a Terminator, and the Predator.

Thanks

What problems are they bambbbam ?????????

Thanks

As an Exetel user i have found the service good but

Have a look at how they respond to fair questions?

God their arrogant.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bambbbam View Post
    I hear they are good.. keep in mind that they have just started voluntarily censoring their network, all sorts of problems being reported.. more here

I use the Exetel ADSL2 service and it is first rate.
    I have had NO problems whatsoever, either prior to or since Exetel implemented their content filter trial.

Thanks

I agree I have been using them for a couple of years now and rarely have problems but god help you if you do!

Nothing is EVER and I mean EVER there fault!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swilso View Post
    I am in Coffs Harbour too mate. I tried to go with exetel but they don't offer just their ADSL2+ plans here. You have to either go naked or change your home phone over too, which I couldn't do as the phone is my landlords.

So now I am with Locall Australis ADSL2+, i live down west high St ~1km from CBD and I get a 22~23mbit connection.
    I get 70gb download in total for $90/mo, and I usually use all of that up. There customer service is great, when you call you talk to a native english speaking Australian that actually is here in Australia. If you are considering ADSL2 - i use to be located in Jean St and had a 16~17mbit connection there.
    hi swilso i live in coffs to im in beryl st and im not actually with exetel but my sister is and they have never been happy with it since they changed over to it,but i have some freinds in armidale and they love it.
    as someone said get a reseller as thats what they do and hes on the go with issues,real ouick,and also sends out very useful newsletter each month to his members.

Thanks

Have been with Exetel in brisbane for over a year now and also my sister in Brisbane and my brother is with them in Newcastle, NSW.
    I have had exellent results and although there means to have things fixed or rectified is more technical its still within my limited abilities.

Speed is excellent for me at 13k and ping is now heaps better after pops in qld plus for $65 a month getting 72gb downloads (18gb peak, 54gb offpeak) and phone line rental included is awesome.

speeds obviously vary with distance to exchanges as sister gets only 4500 being on the outer limit and brother is on a stable 8500 all the time.

Overall I recommend them especially if you download heaps like I do!

Thanks

I have been with exetel for about 3 years in brisbane and now in north nsw, top notch all the way, any issues i have had have been sorted super fast.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast