Thread: request for assistance with extra cash

Thanks

Thumbs up request for assistance with extra cash

Donations towards our dedicated server running costs are appreciated due to a loss of possibly permanent income from Google Ads due to our data loss. You may also prefer to upgrade to Premium Membership for a $20 donation by clicking on the " Upgrade Account " link.

how about all the premium members donating a further $10.00 each towards the group..i am happy to start to get the ball rolling with the $10. but need bank account details from you as i dont have a paypal account

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Its not a compulsory thing and by all means , we dont want the same people sticking their hand in their pocket all the time.

I am donating a lot of time in regards to reinstalling programs , code modifications etc etc as I have 2 months to spare......thats my contribution.

Its difficult because the status of data recovery is still unknown at this stage......there isnt a yes or no answer as yet. It was hoped that it would be a reasonably simple recovery but it seems this isnt the case.

A lot of things were going to be left until the data was recovered , but as we still dont know what the situation is it has been decided that I start reinstalling everything and try to duplicate the board as best I can to what it was.

I intend to get Photopost back up to run in tandem with BST so Premium Members can once again have front page advertising on their sales and will get all their settings back to how they were.

I cant speak too much on finances as its now not up to me to , but Google Ads has previously been a success in paying running costs. That income has dropped badly due to a decline in guests visiting due to the lack of data. The $150 monthly target that I put up there is only half the monthly server bill.

I think the best thing that members can do to help is simply get involved more in the site. Make an effort to answer as many tech related posts as you can. Start some topics....check out sites like Australian IT or similar and post some news that is tech related , it always gets some conversation going.
    If you are not overly advanced in the tech department , get some conversation going in general chat.

The site really needs more than just finances to keep it going , it needs the full backing and support of members in becoming an active part of the site. For many years it has always been too few that make a genuine effort to put in , so lets see more members getting involved. Even posting articles or tutorials that you have made yourself would be appreciated.

Sorry for the bit of the rant but I am sad to see what has happened and I really think it is going to take an effort from more people this time to get us out of the poo. Its only by luck that I have around 8 weeks of spare time at the moment and can dedicate the time to rebuild things from scratch.

So lets see more posting , new threads and activity from members