Thread: WTD: Masport ride on service manual

Thanks

Default WTD: Masport ride on service manual

Just bought a non goer Masport ride on today, circa 1996 model, at a local garage sale for $100. The guy pulled all the wiring off all the safety switches because he said they were a pain in the you know what. It's more of a pain now because the bloody thing won't fire up. And I believe it would be a lot worse if it did fire up and he had fingers and toes in the wrong places.

Anyway, I'm especially looking for a wiring diagram for any Masport at this stage for clues as to which wire goes where.

Thanks for looking guys and gals, and, as usuall, I appreciate all help no matter how trivial.
    Last edited by jmc96; 14-03-09 at 09:45 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

What sort of motor is on it? Briggs?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Im unsure how complex your new pride and joy is, but id be tempted to isolate the engine on its own minus all added safety items, then treat it as a engine on its own.

Spark, fuel and compression is all you should need.

Then id worry about the rest.

Once its running, i think getting all the safety devices working is a high priority matter...accidents do and will happen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    What sort of motor is on it? Briggs?

Yep. It's a twin, around 17-18 HP I recon.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Im unsure how complex your new pride and joy is, but id be tempted to isolate the engine on its own minus all added safety items, then treat it as a engine on its own.

Spark, fuel and compression is all you should need.

Then id worry about the rest.

Once its running, i think getting all the safety devices working is a high priority matter...accidents do and will happen.
    Yeah. great minds think alike. I only had to remove the earth pin from the motor to fire her up. I checked all the wires with a multimeter. They were all comming up zero volts. So I figured they must just swith to earth when the cutters disengage or you get off the seat. She runs great, did a couple of runs up the back paddock. Now to sort out all the earthing switches. I don't know if the mower shop will be forthcomming with a wiring diagram on Monday. Can only ask.

Thanks

Here is a link for basic tractor wirig, they are all the same, its not rocket science. Good Luck

Forgot too add check the cutting deck brake engagement rod to ensure blades stop spinning when deck disengaged.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
    Here is a link for basic tractor wirig, they are all the same, its not rocket science. Good Luck

Forgot too add check the cutting deck brake engagement rod to ensure blades stop spinning when deck disengaged.
    That's great, thanks Jack. It stands to reason that all the safety switches are wired up in series.

Thanks

I was pressed for time this morning to answer your Q. The Rover site has great .pdf manuals for their ride on tractors. Here is the link

I suggest you dl the rancher 1766 for example and study the wiring diagram. Masport is Identical. When doing an oil change on the BS engine make sure you measure the volume of oil in an accurate container. Dont trust the dipstick.

Rgds''

Thanks

Try here for info good info and small fee for the access to manual downloads area.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by specs65 View Post
    Try here for info good info and small fee for the access to manual downloads area.
    Yeah thanks for that specs. The rideon is going well, I'm still trying to connect up all the safety switches to make it safe. I might have to pay for the right manual for the wire colour codes.