Thread: Funniest / worst job?

Banned
    Thanks

Default Funniest / worst job?

Anypne interested in posting your funniest or worst job ?
    Just to kick it off I did a 3 detector DAS NX4 install a couple of years ago & when it came to finding a power source lo & behold right there was a 4 way GPO with something plugged in. When I checked what it was it turned out to be the shop music source ( tape player ).
    Tooo easy , shove the plugpack in do the programming , test it out & I'm off. Four days later I get a phone call to say there is a fault on the panel. Go & check it out & it is a battery fault. Check the battery voltage in circuit & it is reading 9.2 volts. After a bit of poking around I end up reading the voltage on the GPO & it is reading 120 volts.
    The tape player for the shop is working ok so I question the shop owner & it turns out it is a player he picked up in the USA & had an electrician wire in a 240v - 120v stepdown transformer in to supply the GPO . I felt like a bit of a dill but it is not something you would normally check if there is something working off it ok.

The other is more recent. A woman rang to say she was moving house ( rental ) and wanted her security system removed & re installed at her new premises. No problem , go to her new address so she can take me to her old place. When I get there it looks like the council hard refuse collection has been dumped on her verandah. Have to climb over a pile of shit just to get to the front door. If this is her new place then it is not looking good for the old one.
    She takes me to the old place and shows me that there is an FAI 3 detector system PLUS some GE branded system that needs to be removed. Yes she already had the GE system and the FAI team still managed to sell her another one. I must say here while she wasn't too bad , she was one cylinder short of being a V8. Anyway after being inside for about 2 minutes I could feel a bit of an itch on my legs & when I looked down about halfway up my lower legs were covered in so many fleas that they actually looked grey. A large spray with repellant , get the alarms out , give her the name of another security company for the
    re install ( we do it to each other all the time ) and I'm out of there.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I new a young tech a while ago he was about 18/19 yr old
    possibly a virgin and note up with the ways and new sexual trends of todays society.

He was sent to service an alarm system in a coastal town.
    I was home and got a knock on the door and here is the 19yr old on the front step saying Ive come for lunch but can i wash my hands first and seemed a bit flustered I said sure and went and sat down.
    He came back ate his lunch in silence had his drink and eventually said I should probably explain why I needed to wash my hands I said no explanation needed.
    But he wanted to spill the beans
    He had been sent to service this alarm small cottage type residence
    when he knocked on the front door a male person greeted him said his name was Paul took him inside showed him around and said he had things to do
    The tech noticed Paul was goig back and forth to the bathroom and now and then give him a quick hello and would make comments like you must need to be fit to do this job , and you must have strong hands to screw those things on the wall , and going up and down the ladder would tone your legs
    Paul came out of the bathroom at one stage and asked the tech if he looked any better, the tech thought the face looked different and something was odd , he said know you look the same.
    He was just packing up after fiinishing the service when Paul came out of the bathroom and said how do I look now.
    The Tech looked Paul now had on a wig , a dress and yes the face was differnet it had makeup on.
    He didnt know what to say or do
    Paul said that while he was wearing a dres she liked to be called April
    The tech quickly packed up his tools and left.
    And came to see me to wash up before having lunch as he wasnt getting cornered in the bathroom.
    after an hr he calmed down and headed off to his next job.
    WWe rang his boss and told him what had happened and said we would send a fax to the tech from April as she was now at work

We sent the fax from April thanking the tech for his good service , and how she enjoyd seeing his tight butt as he went up and down the ladder and the strong hands as he screwed on the detectors and the mainly aroma in the hallway as he packed up and requesting that he service the alarm next time she needed it
    His Boss got in on the act and intially the tech belived the fax

Thanks

hahaha that's a hillarious story, i had one customer once.
    He was obviousley Gay, i was on the install with another Technician, we were kinda smirking because he kept coming over talking to us, we finished the job and on the way out the client asked us what we were doing for the rest of the afternoon, We replied "the tailshaft on the work ute needs to be replaced, so getting that done' the client then replied "oooh, i wouldn't mind a tail shafting" *with his hands on the wall smiling*

Let's just say we left so quick that we left out 4 foot step behind.. HE CAN HAVE IT !!

LOL!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

One dope came in with his camcorder saying it has
    water damage. So he tried to dry it him self,
    he stuck it in the microwave
    We were laughing so much he then said he only
    put it on defrost TRUE STORY.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all