Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: do you rate TPG?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Long term TPG customer here too with no complaints

Thanks

Been with them 6 years now.

Had a stalemate between them & Telstra 2 years back over constant droputs after wet weather. Telstra refused to accept it was a line problem, even when they could hear the constant fuzz & crackle during the call.

Switched to TPG for the landline as well (we really only get incomings from older relatives & overseas telemarketers...) and within a week the line was sorted out & the tech admitted it was a Telstra fault - water in the pit & corroded connections.

Apart from that, no issues at all.

Thanks

When I moved I had a choice of only one ISP - iPrimus. I have been very happy with their tech support (all local in australia and aussies). I was on a 2 year contract and they advertised much better plans for the same price as mine. They upgraded me from 150gb/month to 300gb/month 6 months into my contract without me having to ask. 14 months into my contact I rang up and got changed to an unlimited plan for no charge and not hassle just had to wait a day.

Thanks

I've been with iiNet for about four and a half years now after a stint with TPG. Maybe TPG have changed. They would need to have. They were awful. Their speed during peak periods was abysmal. When I complained they told me it was my equipment. I always told them that it was the same equipment I was using this morning when their speed was fine. I tired of their games in the end and moved to a decent ISP. I'm not a big fan of ISPs and their scurrilous ways, but iiNet is incomparable from my experience. I will never countenance TPG again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fudda View Post
    I will never countenance TPG again.
    If you ever saw how TPG put computers together in the early days it'd all make sense. OK. You probably don't know how they did it. Mostly it was done by a bunch of school kids earning some pocket money after school. To quote the YL I know that actually was one of those kids, it consisted of a bunch of kids sitting on the floor surrounded by various components and a screwdriver or two. In one corner there was "a mountain of parts that didn't work". No antistatic precautions. Nothing. Just kids with adult 'supervisors' that occasionally passed through the room.

In the days of dialup the Mackay City Council hosted TPG's dialup service which downstream was delivered via sat (dirty great dish that say on top of the mayor's tomb for many a year). MCC IT staff said that as a contra-deal for hosting the service TPG provided them with a "115k" direct internet connection. Sure TPG. Sure you did. After having picked my way through the disaster that was one of the systems rooms in the tomb I got console access to TPG's equipment and it quite clearly showed that the port was running at 38.4. That's TPG for you though. What's promised and what is delivered are two completely different things.

Thanks

Yeah well I have been with them for years now & have no problems for now, as long as you have a good copper line & modem you should have no problems

Thanks

That's what I've seen too. If everything is good you'll probably end up with an acceptable service. If something is wrong though, good luck. TPG appears to be more of a reactive company than a proactive company. Periodically TPG's capacity into QLD is exhausted causing slow speeds and high latency. It happens on Optus, Telstra and TPG equipment. It takes a lot of bitch sessions on Whirlpool before TPG even acknowledges the problem and then a while for it to be fixed. TPG's speed related Whirlpool thread may well be the longest and most split thread that Whirlpool has ever seen.

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123