Thread: Cardsharing Aurora on a linux PC

Thanks

Default Cardsharing Aurora on a linux PC

Hello everyone,
    this is my first post so please bear with me. I have a Strong 4658X receiver with an aurora card that we use on our farm in outback NSW. My question: is it legal to share this card throughout the house using a linux server and if so, how might it be done?

Optima
    Last edited by Optima Collins; 21-03-09 at 04:01 AM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

within your own house not illegal but probably against the contract terms
    from memory last time i messed with it with dreamboxes
    newcs and cccam 2.0.0 worked fine with a goldie
    if you have an IR2 card then i prefer mgcamd

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
    within your own house not illegal but probably against the contract terms
    from memory last time i messed with it with dreamboxes
    newcs and cccam 2.0.0 worked fine with a goldie
    if you have an IR2 card then I prefer mgcamd
    Thanks tnarg. We have contract terms ?
    I understand that there are licensing zones and restrictions, but I can't see how watching the ABC in the kitchen and 7 in the lounge room would be taking things too far! Anyway, lets say that my contract is in jeopardy, but that I want to proceed ... would you kindly explain in simple terms how to go about it.

I have an IR2 card and I just downloaded mgcamd from dreambox tools. Am I essentially emulating a dreambox on my PC? What next? ... ... This is all new to me.

OC

Thanks

sorry and you will a jaycar phoenix as well as they wont work in the front of the box

Thanks

you could use some Dreambox 500's (or similar) with one set up as the server using soft cams to feed the rest of the clients over your network.The strong would not be suitable with out some major mods or adding a season interface into the mix. The card should work in front slot of a dreambox if set up well.
    As suggested a jaycar phoenix connected to the rear of the server (dreambox) would probably give better results.
    A search & read through the Dreambox section will give you plenty of info about softcams,configs and sharing etc.There are plenty of options and ways to do it, you are on the right path

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Supermega View Post
    you could use some Dreambox 500's (or similar) with one set up as the server using soft cams to feed the rest of the clients over your network.The strong would not be suitable with out some major mods or adding a season interface into the mix. The card should work in front slot of a dreambox if set up well.
    As suggested a jaycar phoenix connected to the rear of the server (dreambox) would probably give better results.
    A search & read through the Dreambox section will give you plenty of info about softcams,configs and sharing etc.There are plenty of options and ways to do it, you are on the right path
    OK, Thanks guys. I'll take it from here. I guess a dreambox would make life easier. I just didn't want to spend any money on this because in the end it would become more cost effective to just buy more cards. If I get into trouble, I'll come crawling back for more help.

OC

Thanks

if you can get every channel from where you are it would be cheaper and even sourcing gold cards loaded with aurora arent expensive or hard to get
    although last time i played with a gamma with aurora in newcs i did notice how quick the channels changed but that was a long while ago