Thread: Secant Home Automation system

Thanks

Default Secant Home Automation system

just seem to keep finding these great systems. Taken on a client this week with a Secant Home automation system. Looking for the laptop software. I have the install manuals and was able to hand program the system on site. Obviously due to the complex nature laptop would make ongoing management easier.

Dave

Look Here ->
    Thanks

some panels are best to walk away from..

Thanks

I try to work with the policy to never say "no I cannot fix it". If it cannot be fixed then I replace it. This system controls every light in the house and the panels take up most of the hallway cupboard. All light switches are bell press mech run on cat5. The detectors activate the lights are sunset and depending on the setting then dim to the required setting. The detectors are also intruder alarms when you activate the system. The down side that I can see when the system fails the whole house stops working. Its not bad to program from the keypad I just think a laptop program could store the database should it fail in a storm and need to be reloaded.

Thanks

I wouldnt mind the software if you find it to store it away for a day when I come up against it... send me a PM I have got lots of manuals for the XL As well, but I just remember that you need a dongle to get it to work... which chubb have... and wont give...

Thanks

Bumping an old thread as we've just run into one of these also. A great example of why 'smart homes' aren't so smart...

Does anyone have any recent experience with it?

Thanks

Default Secant

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstorm View Post
    just seem to keep finding these great systems. Taken on a client this week with a Secant Home automation system. Looking for the laptop software. I have the install manuals and was able to hand program the system on site. Obviously due to the complex nature laptop would make ongoing management easier.

Dave
    Very old thread here. I have a Secant Cardio 2 system. Searching online this is the only thread where it's mentioned. No help from home base in Canada. I have two downlights on a separate swith that won't turn off. I assume some issue with the relay in the dimmer box. Was looking for help Mike