Thread: Matrix Revolution CAM with Optus C1

Thanks

Default Matrix Revolution CAM with Optus C1

I have a Matrix Revolution CAM - MRV2.25 and would like to use it with Optus C1.
    looking for any information on how to make this happen.
    Thanks ...

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

What service did you have in mind? The only one would be Aurora so you have to make sure that the cam supports Irdeto.

Leroy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WayneS View Post
    I have a Matrix Revolution CAM - MRV2.25 and would like to use it with Optus C1.
    looking for any information on how to make this happen.
    Thanks ...
    Hi.

I bought a Matrix reborn and it would not open aurora with an Epsilon V5 card!!

I chased my proverbial for ages trying to make this work. different firmware etc. no joy whatsoever. I cant tell you if a revolution would open Irdeto II but if i were you I would get a DM500 with CCCam or a simple 'garage/backroom' file server with a jaycar reader and NewCS or if you have a receiver with CI slots Grab yourself an SCM microsystems Purple Irdeto CAM (P/N 904505 rev 1.1) if you want Aurora. I believe the other systems in use in OZ are NDS. I am not sure even if a dragon cam or similar would open these systems as I dont believe much testing has been done. I certainly wouldnt risk the cost of a dragon etc if is not proven to work.

If you need anymore info on the above PM me.

Regards

Ady

Thanks

Years ago I played with several SIDSA-based CAMs, Matrix Reloaded most extensively, but was not impressed by its Irdeto support. I tried many firmware versions in a bunch of different CI receivers (Humax, Strong, Manhattan, Dream, Benjamin and others) but in all cases it was flakey and inferior to genuine Irdeto CAM. Others may have had different experience, but I wouldn't recommend the Joker/Matrix line of CAMs for Irdeto at all.

I also have a number of receivers which use SIDSA type (unofficial) softcams for their smartcard slot, and have found them to be similarly unreliable with Irdeto. For those receivers I use genuine Irdeto-licensed blue or purple CAM and they work fine.