Thread: Web Spy blocking?

Thanks

Default Web Spy blocking?

My Girlfriend has been given a laptop for work to allow her to work from home however they have installed WebSpy on it for monitoring purposes.
    While she is ok with that for work hours etc, she is allowed to use the laptop for personal use and is concerned about what they will see and wont see.

From what i have read, they will be able to see ALL her instant internet messaging, ALL emails, ALL written data, (not sure about pics though), but will also record ALL websites visited including weblinks to pics posted etc.
    I do believe any encrypted passwords or passwords on secure sites are not seen or saved.

Understandably my GF is not happy about her after work hours privacy being screened, is there anyway to circumvent or block what is seen or saved in logfiles during her non-office hours???

Any help is really appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

maybe a live cdrom (boot cdrom) system like knoppix

Thanks

if she is not happy about it tell her to buy her own or use another one to do her own stuff on and only use the work one for work

Tagg

Thanks

yeah, i thought about some sort of live CD
    OR
    i wonder if she had her own separate bootable USB drive (with operating system) it would bypass the startup of WebSpy, then she could have the advantage of using the lappy but use any program she wants, write emails and store all pics/videos etc without having to worry about any privacy issue. Any thoughts on that?
    (im not sure of the model of the lappy but i 'think' it a new Dell with 17inch screen)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

Just uninstall it and play dumb. (Have you looked into disabling it)?

They probably use it to make their internal workers stay off the internet and working.

Any questions if they ever look, just say it the way it is, you don't want your personal internet movements monitored and made public.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Just uninstall it and play dumb. (Have you looked into disabling it)?
    They probably use it to make their internal workers stay off the internet and working.
    Any questions if they ever look, just say it the way it is, you don't want your personal internet movements monitored and made public.
    She only got it today so i havent seen it yet to try and disable it.
    Aparently they only just freshly installed it and I beleive she will still take it to the office at least 1 day a week so im sure they check it if the program has mysteriously stop responding to them! lol