Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toshiba Strikes Back at Blu-ray

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickove View Post
    werent aware of clearly.
    Whatever happens,Blu-Ray still seems a bit of a Dead Duck still for now for sales expectations.Its been out for quite a while now,an how many have changed their home library to Blu-ray,an Video hire shops etc., for new release titles an archive titles.Not many if Any.Its all too slow to happen!
    Mate don't make crap up.

There are far far far more latest release and archive titles out on Blu-ray than DVD had in its equivalent early days - FACT.

Blu-ray has been HEAVILY outselling DVD in its equivalent day - FACT. DVD was the fastest growing consumer electronics product in history, but Blu-ray has already taken that over.

Blu-ray's early days have been leaving DVD for dead, even though it's been doing it during tough economic times.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I would have gone along with Rickove's remarks based on the displays in my one and only local DVD rental shop as Blu-Ray seems to occupy far less space.
    When a new release appears, the copies in DVD format are much greater on the shelf than the Blu-Ray equivent.
    The same is seen at the franchised chain outlet.
    I guess the only way to judge the true total is by the sales figures of the manufacturer.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12