Thread: ABC TV new logos.

Thanks

Default ABC TV new logos.

What do you think about the new logos ABC TV has dished up.
    I find them too annoying in them being very noticeable, coloured too bright and too much info.
    ABC could have just has the ()()() in the right hand corner with a 1 or a 2 next to it instead of the mess thats there now.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

the logo's give me the shits. bigtime.

BRING BACK THE WORM!!!!

Thanks

Too big, wrong corner, and too coloured. They are AWFUL.

I'm just waiting for them to do a channel 9 and add advertising to the logo too (I know NBC started it). Maybe I should revoke my 5c.

Thanks

I think the idea is that they aren't just doing the logos but they are colour coding the various ABC channels. There won't be ads but the idea is to allow more cross promotion between ABC 1, 2 and 3. Each channel is meant to get its own distinct identity - colour and pics. ABC 1 = blue, ABC 2 = orange (and my money is on ABC 3 being green or red but i have no inside word on that).

Basically, the idea is to remind people that there are multiple channels every time they switch to the abc.

I am no big fan of it, but i think we'll all just get used to it eventually.

p.

Thanks

Here's a scoop for you all, the ABC3 ID will be RED to go with the blue and orange of 1 and 2. I was at an ABC season launch do for program makers the other day and managed to uncover that earth shattering secret from the marketing people.

Obviously it would be better if i could scoop some information that was actually interesting, but you know - you gotta take what you can get.

Thanks

Ughh red. I worked out last night why I dont like the ABC2 one, the orange colour seems to attact the eye. The Blue is fine it "melds" in fairly well, but the orange sticks out too much. I fear this will be the case for the red one too.

I noticed that the news has been running the old logo, guess thats because its multichanneled.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roguefan99 View Post
    Ughh red. I worked out last night why I dont like the ABC2 one, the orange colour seems to attact the eye. The Blue is fine it "melds" in fairly well, but the orange sticks out too much. I fear this will be the case for the red one too.
    Yeah, although from all the marketing guff i get the impression it will be a pale, washed out look like the light blue and light orange probably not a bright one. I think the colour's offensiveness kind of depends on what's behind them...

p.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poiuytrewq View Post
    Yeah, although from all the marketing guff i get the impression it will be a pale, washed out look like the light blue and light orange probably not a bright one. I think the colour's offensiveness kind of depends on what's behind them...

p.
    I think they are pretty hideous and probably among the worst of the on-screen watermarks.

They tend to be even more annoying than say the logos on fox sports, because with foxsports the screen content tends to change a lot more (including on field ads).

At the very least they could move the digital channels' logos to the right hand side instead of just support 4x3 and obscuring the middle of the screen at the bottom.

I heard Kym Dalton saying that it was "necessary" because with multi-channeling it would make it easier to tell what channel you are on. Obviously never used a stb (sat, fox or fta). Everyone I've seen has the channel name and the current/next program when you change channel.

Thanks

I just realised this last night when I was watching Good Game. ABC has moved the watermark down to the bottom right corner (rather than top left), and they have made them much more translucent.

I had a laugh when I was watching it because it changed colour depending on the background.

Scrappy, NO channel has moved their logos over to one side on the digital channels, they all have them hanging in the 4x3 area.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roguefan99 View Post
    NO channel has moved their logos over to one side on the digital channels, they all have them hanging in the 4x3 area.
    I was watching Channel 7 today when I realized they have in fact moved the logo over into the 16:9 corner, I thought of your post. Must be new cause when I first read it I thought the same thing.

Thanks

I just watched Underbelly last night and realised that Nine has their logo for that right off to one side (jammed in the corner). It was so far over that I couldn't actually see it all with my viewing angle at the time.

Apologies to scrappy. The logos do seem to move around, noticed that the footy tonight had the logo still in the 4x3 area, also was animated for a bit too on 7 (the rings were changing colour).

Thanks

For the moment ABC HD is junk free and Channel Nine here in Perth has a very subtle logo on its SD channel and No logo on native HD programming .
    Weird having a 16:9 format digital only channel ABC2 with a 4:3 safe logo

Thanks

Was watching media watch on ABC last night and at the end of the show the presenter commented about the new abc logo and that many people have complained. Since all the complaints it is now further in the right hand lower corner and is more transparent.
    He also asked people not to write in or phone and complain about the logos.
    They must have had a few complaints