Thread: e71 voip iinet setup problem

Thanks

Default e71 voip iinet setup problem

tried to set up my e71 voip.

i found the setting for e65 using iinet.

put the settings in my e71 but didn't work.

these are the settings i used: (in url)

please help.

thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Default new E71 owner here...

I had trouble with my 3 branded phone connecting to my work and home Trixbox (Asteriek) servers initially as well. Using the exact same setting I got it to work by updating to the latest firmware.

I also had to change my phone's product code because E71's that have 3 product codes don't get the very latest firmware. It might also be that 3 firmware (and other providers maybe) blocks VOIP, I don't know since the firmware versions I tested weren't the same. All I know is the latest generic firmware got it working for me.

You'll have to google for how change your phone's product code (it's easy) and find an appropriate product code(ie. Australian product code for either E71-1, E71-2 or E71-3 depending on what you have).

Once the product code is updated you then just use Nokia's own Software Update program to download and install the new firmware.

Thanks

STEP 1

Go to Tools / Settings / Connection / SIP settings. Create the following profile
    Profile Name: VoIP Service
    Profile: IETF Default
    Access point: (your WLAN AP name)
    Public user name: 5551231234@sip3.xxxx.com ( Instead of 5551231234 account number example, use the account number assigned to you when signed up for Voip service. When recorded your phone will show sip:5551231234@sip3.xxxx.com )
    Use Compression: No
    Use Security: No

STEP 2

You do not need to enter Proxy Server settings
    Proxy Server Address: none
    Registrar Server:none
    Realm: none
    User Name: none

STEP 3

Enter the following for Registrar Server settings
    Registrar Server: sip3.XXXX.com (When recorded your phone will show sip:sip3.XXXX.com)
    Realm: XXXX.com
    User Name: 5551231234 (Instead of 5551231234 account number example, use the account number assigned to you when signed up for VoIP service. )
    Password: Enter the password that you chose when you signed up for the service.
    Transport Type: UDP
    Port: 5060

STEP 4

Go to Tools / Settings / Connection / Internet Tel. Settings
    Create a new profile for "voip"(555123xxxx), name it "voip"
    Choose "voip" as Preferred profile
    STEP 5

For better voice quality or in order to be able to make VoIP calls over 3G internet connection you need to use Nokia SIP VoIP Application you installed.
    Go to Applications on your phone and click on "SIP VoIP Settings" application. Choose VoIP services (or the name of your VoIp account Internet profile.)
    Click on "Profile Settings" and find "Allow VoIP over WCDMA" option and change it to "ON" This change allows VoIP over 3G connection on Nokia phones.
    For better voice quality go to Codecs and delete all codecs except G729. There should be only G729 codec left under codecs setting
    STEP 6

Reboot your phone. Once your phone is back on it will automatically register to VoIPVoIP.
    Once it is registered you can start making calls.
    Default call type: To switch between normal GSM calls or VOIP calls, navigate to Tools / Settings / Call / Default call type. Select Cellular to make normal calls to the phone number or Internet to use VoIP to call the number or address
    Make Calls!
    To dial any phone number that is part of the NANP (North American Numbering Plan), you must dial:
    1 + Area Code + Phone number
    To dial any phone number that is outside of the NANP (North American Numbering Plan), you must dial:
    Country Code + City Code + Phone number
    For example if you want to call Brazil (country code 55) phone number in Rio de Janeiro (city code 21) you must dial 5521 and phone number. + sign can also be used and number can be dialed as +5521xxxxxxx
    Last edited by macosx77; 29-12-09 at 06:18 PM.
    TomTom GO 730|APP 9.022.457667.1|
    OS 438558|GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5256| Maps 840.2562

BB 9000 Package 4.6.0.477
    iPhone 3GS 32 GB

Do you know where is "THANKS" Button...

• The Following User Says Thank You to macosx77 For This Useful Post:

bigh (31-12-09)