Thread: Telstra Offering No Line Rental On Cable

Thanks

Default Telstra Offering No Line Rental On Cable

Just had some sales person knock on my door and sell me a new offer from Telstra. What is includes was too good to get the satisfaction of slamming the door in he's face.

He said its only for selected houses in my street and going by the sheet he had I would say it was true.

Anyway to the good stuff - what it includes

Cable internet with there unlimited plan (12gig)($59.95)
    Free line rental which is a saving of $25-$30
    10c local calls
    1.20 for STD up to 2hrs!
    37c min mobile
    Free 4port wifi cable modem router
    Free installation
    Also get this - Because I am locked in for 4months with spin he put me down to get $180 credit on my new account. This ranged from $50 to $180 so if they knock make sure you tell them you are locked in and its about $180 to get disconnected. (This is of course to cover the cost to get out of contract)

So all that for $59.95 I look at it as I'm only paying $30 for the internet at cable speeds.. Cause you can stick ADSL up your ass ..LOL

Think I covered everything. Funny thing is I was just saying the other day to my wife we should get VOIP.. No need now.

So it seems that Telstra is testing no line rental. I would say they can of course see the threat from VOIP.

Well I hope at least 1/2 of you all get this offer! Maybe try ringing them and asking for it. I know I would if I knew about it
    For wholesale prices on your wedding gifts visit

Priceless Weddings

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Have you got all that down on paper.. what he offered you and his name/id number confirming it all ?

chances are you will only get half of what he offered you.

Thanks

All on paper... Even had a recorded phone call that I had to agree on the phone... Cheap ass even did not have a phone...used mine
    For wholesale prices on your wedding gifts visit

Priceless Weddings

Thanks

I've heard this story way to many times before.. let us know if you occur problems when its all due to be installed.. and the first bill comes

Thanks

I have been on that Telstra deal for about 16 months now, can't complain it's been pretty good

Thanks

Optus for $99/month will give you, 20gb Internet cable service,no line rental costs, free local calls, free national call (STD) & free calls to optus mobile.

Also a free netgear wireless cable modem router on a 12month contract that you can vary. These plans have been around for a while now.

I think it can only get better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Decapper View Post
    Also get this - Because I am locked in for 4months with spin he put me down to get $180 credit on my new account. This ranged from $50 to $180 so if they knock make sure you tell them you are locked in and its about $180 to get disconnected. (This is of course to cover the cost to get out of contract)
    Make sure you get this. Bigpond "added" 20Gb to my account in two days (one of which I hadn't even turned on the PC) and because of this error they stated they would credit a free month to my account. It took another 4 phone calls to make this actually happen, so I would be wary. At least you have it in writing and I hope you have the guys name/number to prove it too.

Bigpond/Telstra are a shady lot (just realised that my "discount" that was on my line has dissappeared) so be careful when you sign their stuff (if I had a choice I would not be with them!).
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

I had a similar offer after a knock on my door.

The problem with my offer was they demanded a 24 month contract, something i was not willing to get into.

After reading some other threads here i will be changing to AAnet by the looks of things.

Thanks

The biggest problem i have with telstra is that they never tell you that uploads are also counted towards your download limits.

Thanks

This wreaks of typical Telstra anti-competitive behavior and is a prime example of why Telstra should be broken up into completely seperate entities. Telstra knows full well that their competitors don't have any copper and can't possibly match this offer.

Thanks

The only problems are they are not Telstra Staff Members that are offering these deals, they are external companies or something like that, and you will find that you will not get everything they tell you. I have seen it in the past. Or it changes after a while.

Thanks

Yeah, I like it when they offer you a deal and then you have to tell them that the service they offered is not even available in the area. ADSL is a fine example of this.
    Member since March 2002 and still in the Blue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
    Optus for $99/month will give you, 20gb Internet cable service,no line rental costs, free local calls, free national call (STD) & free calls to optus mobile.

Also a free netgear wireless cable modem router on a 12month contract that you can vary. These plans have been around for a while now.

I think it can only get better.
    You need to watch the excess charges with those fusion plans - least some of the bigpond ones have the shaping option..
    * Bill Paxton is the only actor to be killed by Alien, a Terminator, and the Predator.

Thanks

Are you sure it's cable?
    If it is are they speed rating you?

I got the same offer but it was only 1500 speed. All the other details you have stated were offered but I declined as I have been bent over by them once before and I really wanted 2+
    I am sorry I just divided by zero