Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Telstra to pay ?

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by keef82 View Post
    Not T's Problem.
    If you call & advise there is a line fault, they are legally entitled to d/c everything after the network boundary, if this happens to be a socket on the wall, they are allowed to d/c all other cables apart from that.

Anything beyond that is the Consumer Cabling as such, the customers responsibility.
    No Keef thats not how it is. Telstras service obligations end at the boundary point or first skt. They can disconnect customer cabling to aid in testing & can leave it disconnected if it poses a hazzard to the network. But there are still a lot of people in Telstra who think Telstra are still the industry regulator.
    Customer cabling is exactly what it says - it is owned & maintained by the customer. The Telstra tech had no right to remove any customer cabling unless it was a network hazzard. The two pair to the alarm ran about 3 metres from the filter to the next room in the garage , it was NOT the source of any noise & should not have been left disconnected. I follow this up with Telstra tomorrow & will post results

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog View Post
    No Keef thats not how it is. Telstras service obligations end at the boundary point or first skt. They can disconnect customer cabling to aid in testing & can leave it disconnected if it poses a hazzard to the network. But there are still a lot of people in Telstra who think Telstra are still the industry regulator.
    Customer cabling is exactly what it says - it is owned & maintained by the customer. The Telstra tech had no right to remove any customer cabling unless it was a network hazzard. The two pair to the alarm ran about 3 metres from the filter to the next room in the garage , it was NOT the source of any noise & should not have been left disconnected. I follow this up with Telstra tomorrow & will post results
    Whatever dude, your wasting your time.
    Bill the customer and move on..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    you billed the customer for a valid warranty claim remind me not to come to your business for warranty job
    Sorry for the hijack, I was just trying to make a point earlier.

We cannot make a warranty claim from G*H for a mistake made by a tech at another dealer installing an accessory.
    There are no ifs or buts, simple, we won't get paid.

It is up to the customer to take this issue up with the dealer that made the mistake and they will be reimbursed ( If the other dealer tested their install in the first place there would not be a problem).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob916 View Post
    We cannot make a warranty claim from GM for a mistake made by a tech at another dealer.
    It is up to the customer to take this issue up with them.
    It is technically NOT a warranty issue, it is a mistake made at another dealer.
    yeah we don't do jobs for free either, imagine people expecting u to fix things for free, some people have no idea.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

The owner rang to say Telstra was at his front door asking what had to be done (FFS). This was not the original tech & had not been told any of the background to the fault. So if I hadn't gone there he would have had no idea what was required. Told him the story & he checked the two pair running to the panel for earth or FB. It was all clear. Reconnected (not as M3 mind you) rechecked the premises phones for earth & FB & said the last tech was a dickhead. I'll give it a day or two for the info to be entered into the "system" & then it's game on. Let the battle begin.

Thanks

Let the force be with you watchdog.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob916 View Post
    Let the force be with you watchdog.
    thank you obi won

Thanks

Sounds like you ran into someone that actually knows what he's doing, amazing.

Keep us informed.

Thanks

all this time, what a waste.
    Should be doing something productive.
    Think of how much u have actually lost chasing this, for no result.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

all this time, what a waste.
    Should be doing something productive.
    Think of how much u have actually lost chasing this, for no result.
    Unfortunately keef there are too many people who just bend over & take whatever is done to them. I'm not one of them. Sometime in the future when they come & fk up one of your jobs you may just be able to get them to fix it up or pay for your time to fix it. But if everyone has your approach it will never happen

PS solution 40 on its way

Thanks

c'mon watchdog, just because u don't like keefs views there is no need to be a real prick about it, sending him a solution 40 is the lowest of lows.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by balun View Post
    c'mon watchdog, just because u don't like keefs views there is no need to be a real prick about it, sending him a solution 40 is the lowest of lows.
    Yeah , but i've warned him it will happen if he is not nice to me. What's the saying - you've made you bed now lie in it.

Thanks

I heard watchdog was going to start harrassing keefy by sending him one solution 40 a week until keefy apologises.

Thanks

lolll

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Invoice sent off today together with a full story of the history. No problems so far but I have only been dealing with the plankton. The invoice has to be sent to the shark pond in Melbourne. It would have been nicer to send it to a local mullet to pay but we will see what happens.
    Also warned them to pay within 21 days to avoid late payment fees (just like on my phone bill) in case they want to stretch it out by arguing.

Lovin it !

Thanks

Invoice sent off today together with a full story of the history. No problems so far but I have only been dealing with the plankton. The invoice has to be sent to the shark pond in Melbourne. It would have been nicer to send it to a local mullet to pay but we will see what happens.
    Also warned them to pay within 21 days to avoid late payment fees (just like on my phone bill) in case they want to stretch it out by arguing.

Lovin it !
    Can i ask you something?
    1) how much is the bill ??
    2) how many hours have you spent on this
    3) did you charge the client at all ?

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Can i ask you something?
    1) how much is the bill ??
    2) how many hours have you spent on this
    3) did you charge the client at all ?
    1) Not saying - don't want to end up in a discussion about how much or how little I charge.
    2) Total of three hours spent on this not allowing for about 30 mins ringing Telstra
    3) No charge to the client at all

Keef - if you had a blocked drain from your bathroom would you be happy if the plumber came around and disconnected all your drainage and then just ran a new pipe from your bathroom to the mains to fix your bathroom problem. Yeah , just leave the rest disconnected but at least the bathroom problem has been fixed.
    You got to be joking !

Thanks

1) Not saying - don't want to end up in a discussion about how much or how little I charge.
    2) Total of three hours spent on this not allowing for about 30 mins ringing Telstra
    3) No charge to the client at all

Keef - if you had a blocked drain from your bathroom would you be happy if the plumber came around and disconnected all your drainage and then just ran a new pipe from your bathroom to the mains to fix your bathroom problem. Yeah , just leave the rest disconnected but at least the bathroom problem has been fixed.
    You got to be joking !
    Dude, plumbing vs t, totally un related and different scenarios.
    Where i am heading is, was it really worth all the time you have so far spent on this issue, plus the on going battle with t? they wont pay you, and you will be wasting heaps of time.

I would go to site, advise the customer of what happened, patch the alarm to a new line, or fix what i could (within the legislation) and everyone is happy.

Yes the customer has lines down still, but that is NOT our problem, fix the alarm, charge the client & move on.

The customer is more then satisfied as the alarm is reporting and they can sleep again

Each to their own i guess..

Thanks

once helped a potential client with some free advice and sorting out an issue he had with another installer.

didn't send him a bill, but a few weeks down the track i had a phone call from him wanting me have a look at a few of his properties. ( i didn't know at the time the guy had all these sites when i felt sorry for him and didn't send him a bill)

8 monitored lines out of it + service + additional installs, been a client for 5+ years now.

Turns out the free advice has paid for itself 1000 times over.

Most people aren't stupid and can see when you are really trying to help them out and save them a few bucks. people appreciate it.

Thanks

once helped a potential client with some free advice and sorting out an issue he had with another installer.

didn't send him a bill, but a few weeks down the track i had a phone call from him wanting me have a look at a few of his properties. ( i didn't know at the time the guy had all these sites when i felt sorry for him and didn't send him a bill)

8 monitored lines out of it + service + additional installs, been a client for 5+ years now.

Turns out the free advice has paid for itself 1000 times over.

Most people aren't stupid and can see when you are really trying to help them out and save them a few bucks. people appreciate it.
    Totally, i am not saying oh well to bad so sad. Do what you can and leave it be. We are all working to make a crust here, giving out freebies is not an idea that i entertain.

Provide a fast, prompt & reliable service and you'll have a customer for life

• Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast