Thread: Anyone using Backtrack3?

Thanks

Default Anyone using Backtrack3?

Hmmm...

very interesting software. I have yet to be able to see a client on the wireless networks been waiting days.... before I grab the data...

(maybe I am doing something wrong). but I can not receive the data packets from aircrack, I just get packets.... (I only have 1 WEP network aval here, go for a drive and it increases)

anyone have it working....

It will work for sure... but just depends on where you are and what networks are available at the time.

still amazing how many wireless networks are without ANY security.
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Backtrack 3 is awesome,

The remote expliot forums are filled with answers to your questions.

probally the best way to learn is to use the shell to issue the commands

Need more information on your wireless card although you should see sent data packets and the client transfers data from the access point.

If your card is atheros based try the following

airmon-ng start wifi0 0

it will crate a virtual card called ath1 and puts it into moniter mode ( you can check by typing iwconfig for a list of adapters)

then type

airodump-ng ath1 -w log --ivs --channel (whatever channel number the ap is on)

A small arp poison and and you be cracking wep with in 10 minutes.

Then look at a program called ettercap. run this by typing ettercap -C in a new shell

Good Luck

Extra

Thanks

Yeah was playing around with SpoonWEb, and airodump....

Everything works Except the data packets...(Which means no way to get the wep key) ;(
    I can authenticate, and the inject, but DATA never increases

quick question , if I see a WEP AP on channel 1, and then another device on channel 1, is that a client on the AP or a separate network (how do you tell)
    I assume that the AP is sitting there providing access and then someone with a laptop is using it to get web access. hence same channel

I am having some trouble finding the best location (and I have to go outside to do this- nada inside)

oh well bit of fun to play with.

edit: no offence to the backtrcak forums, but its a little un-organised and many many explanations on how to do things differently.. been going there for a read though.

my card is a intel/pro 3945ABG
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Thanks

The networks a seperated by a mac BSSID number, They will also have a seperate ESSID whicjh is the name the you see eg Linksys. The bssid will be in the mac address format eg 005C:3C:2A:11. The essid is usally a text field

The clients that are connected to that ap will be shown below the main AP areas. You can tell what client is connected by looking at the the BSSID before the client mac address.

Spoon wep is great but to get the most from it learn the commands from shell, there are pleanty of videos on the net.

Also check your wireless card is supported here

Probally better with a alfa usb adapter which has detachable antenna. you then buy a 24 DBI gain antenna and you have yourself a field day

Hope this helps

Regs
    Extra