Thread: Fast And Furious

Thanks

Default Fast And Furious

Genesis 2:3 (and a half) And on the 8th day God created fast cars and Vin Diesel and, behold, it was very good. It was very good indeed!

Scholars and critics have subsequently wished that The Lord had skipped smoko, lunch and dinner in order to find time to create a decent accompanying script writer but alas it was not to be. Perhaps He did it for the good of all mankind as fast cars plus Vin plus an excellent script would cause audiences heads to explode through sheer awesome overload. It would have been tempting to find out though.

After a couple of wayward entries in this seminal street racing franchise, Fast And Furious finally winds it's way back to the roots of the original The Fast And The Furious (note the clever grammatical difference between the two titles) and naturally begs the question, why oh why were any of the sequels made without Vin's input? That the best part of Tokyo Drift was Vin's fleeting cameo in the final frame is testament to this.

It's a fine line that Fast And Furious traverses with it's exhilarating albeit supremely infeasible action sequences but it is partly this outrageous impracticality which makes the film so much fun; you'll find yourself joyously laughing out loud at the proceedings rather than groaning in disbelief. The dialogue is quite awful at times....well, OK, most of the time.....and the plot is likewise predictable but it's all about the cars, man! And I for one just can't get enough of this stuff. With it's abundance of Torinos, GTOs, Skylines, Imprezas and Silvias (among others), Fast And Furious continues this franchise's rivalry of American muscle vs. Nippon pocket rockets with a small showing of European racing engineering (Beemers and Porsches) thrown in so as not to snub our continental friends. Aussies remain snubbed however; not a PhaseIII GTHO or Monaro in sight. Definite room for improvement there!

Exactly where the film sits in the chronology of this franchise is not made entirely clear but a throw away line referring to the Tokyo drag scene would suggest it sits somewhere between 2 Fast 2 Furious (more clever grammatical acrobatics) and Tokyo Drift. The films conclusion also segues nicely into Tokyo Drift so we can expect a direct Vin Diesel-starring sequel to that film sometime in the future.

Nobody expects sterling performances in a movie like this but, make no mistake, when it comes to high octane, nitrous injected action, Vin Diesel is da man! Paul Walker remains the weak link in this duo but he's certainly adequate and possesses the requisite spunk required to keep his side of deal afloat. Besides, he's no more wooden than Keanu (a highly appropriate analogy given that the first film in this franchise is narratively identical to the Keanu-starring Point Break and likewise Vin is the charismatic equal of Patrick Swayze). Naturally the girls are sidelined in this macho machine-dominated world. Michelle Rodriguez (who is barely in it - probably a good thing) delivers her special brand of I'm-Vin-Diesel-with-tits sass and Jordana Brewster injects some requisite racy curves and glamour, but they're both adequate and well suited to their limited roles.

Fast cars and Vin Diesel - little else is needed really.

7.5 out of 10.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Great write up slickstu and pretty much on the money.

Damn, that Vins got great arms in a non gay way...mental note to start pumping weights.

Some corrections though or additions/improvements.

The Skylines are GTR's, there was a Subaru for the last run and lets not forget the awesome 70's classic Dodge Charger and Cougar amongst others.

I am yet to understand how a street muscle V8 can pop mono's (twice in the movie, once on dirt ) without slicks and ladder bars, or how a riced up Honda can take on a 70's steel muscle car in a side by side smash up derby type run.

Full of technical errors, but most average kids who play xbox or play station would swear they are real scene's.

4 fast and furious type movies now, the first was the best...this one should come second, Tokyo gay vomit drift last, 2 fast2 furious 3rd.

Good entertainment, should see to some more p platers killed on the road.

6.5 out of 10.

Thanks

This movie was so good the tele-sync one was worth watching...I mean it was that good i could watch a cam of it with no sound and still love it LOL

9/10

Thanks

I know this is opposite of what has been written so far.

BUT I did not like it. sure if your a fan of the series then you'll have to see this (and I betcha thats what there counting on).

I only watched 1/2 of it. (and I'm a fan! of the series)

really don't like Vin Desisel, and the latino GF of his (in the film I don't remember her name),

I kept waiting for it to become good. (still waiting)

For me, this serifs ranked would be
    THE Fast and the furious
    Tokyo Drift
    Fast And Furious
    2 Fast 2 Furious (by far the worst of them all)

just could not get into it. Worth having I am sure.
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z1gg33 View Post
    I know this is opposite of what has been written so far.

BUT I did not like it. sure if your a fan of the series then you'll have to see this (and I betcha thats what there counting on).

I only watched 1/2 of it. (and I'm a fan! of the series)

really don't like Vin Desisel, and the latino GF of his (in the film I don't remember her name),

I kept waiting for it to become good. (still waiting)

For me, this serifs ranked would be
    THE Fast and the furious
    Tokyo Drift
    Fast And Furious
    2 Fast 2 Furious (by far the worst of them all)

just could not get into it. Worth having I am sure.
    how dare you z1gg..it's the best movie ever :P lol

Thanks

dont worry connor, mate told me off for it too!!! will try to watch it again, as I was probably not in the F&F mood
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by z1gg33 View Post
    dont worry connor, mate told me off for it too!!! will try to watch it again, as I was probably not in the F&F mood
    Dont try, the more ive watched it, the worse it got.

On my third view i was skipping to just the good bits.

The film lasted a whole 3 minutes that time.

Thanks

This is one of the worst movies i've ever seen.
    Crap storyline full of bullshit,I know these movies are not supposed to be real but c'mon fellas.What about the part where he blows the car up with his ciggy lighter and the nitrous WTF????
    For starters,nitrous is not even flammable and secondly the ciggy lighter doesn't just light up as it pops out,it's glowing red well before it pops out.

The car that Paul Walker crashes at the end has a diff but no tailshaft,very lazy film making.
    I'm not even going to mention the opening scene with the fuel truck

Movie producers should get people involved who actually know about cars,they could still make an awesome movie while keeping it a bit believable for the viewers that are blessed with brains and common sense