Firstly I'd like to know whom awards the classification to films, as both are comedy's and marketed as such, but alas very little humour in them.

I saw the trailers for both of these films and they looked like worthy of a watch, i was especially keen to see Bride Wars, with Anne Hathoway and Kate Hudson.

Look its a sweet film in many ways. but such a disappointment with what could have been. (How many people have said that before about a film). Females would probably enjoy it more as its the "girly wedding" theme rolled out again.

I did not find it funny, and only managed a couple of slight chuckles, its a little mixed in places story wise.

Watch able.....

Now Marley & Me.
again, was marketed aggressively as a comedy, but nothing could be further from the truth.

I wont wreck the ending, but the last 15 minutes was what the film should have been about in the first place, as I never really new where the story was going.. I have come to the conclusion, that this film is really somebody's vision of getting old and growing up.

The getting older thing is fine, but I think the actors need to appear that they are growing older, which in this film, Owen Wilson is playing a 40 year old, and So Jennifier Anniston would be around that.

She never appears old not once throughout the whole film. (The sad thing is she is probably 40 IRL) which is good for Jen as a person but not for a film ditto Owen.

Very mixed story that kind of felt like had no direction, had bits and pieces of everything (which on reflection is how life is I guess)

I am not sure why they needed to have it run for so long, i think it was 1h55min and if this is the best that they could make it after all the editing then its a pretty poor effort

There are portions in this film, where you even get the feeling that the lead actors did not want to be in it. I'd say the acting was good and really the only thing I liked about the film.

perhaps I am too picky but I would not recommend this, its not really worth the time, but if you like to see the journey of a couple and there dog then by all means this is for you.

edit: I say that this is another reason, why people pirate movies, its because of all the marketing trickery and studio's having to re-coop the money that package it up into something that its not JUST TO get "bums on seats" again, if you took you family to see this film it would set you back a small fortune and I feel you would walk away feeling screwed.