Thread: Help with Strong SRT4653X

Thanks

Default Help with Strong SRT4653X

A friend had one of these boxes lying around and gave it to me as I was need of a set top box. Does anyone know, or can link me to a site where it shows how to install one of these?

All i want is free2air television, but for some reason it is picking all these scrambled foxtel channels and I cant seem to change it?

Any assistance will be great.

Cheers

Joe

Look Here ->
    Thanks

or should i just buy one of those cheap units from the retailers?

Thanks

It would appear that your Satellite dish is pointed at C1, so all you can possibly access is Austar, Foxtel and Optus Aurora, none of the are Free2 Air, however on occassion some of the transponders are not encoded, thus giving the impression that the resultant pictures are free2Air, in reality they are not. If all you want is Free2Air TV then perhaps terrestrial is the way to go as opposed to satellite.
    Free2 Air is such a misnomer in the Australian environment - most pictures COST, what it costs is usually relevant to how it's obtained.

Have a look at
    The column that will interest you is the System Encryption column.

On re reading your post it would appear you don't quite realise the the 4653x is a Satellite decoder box, if all you want is terrestrial F2A then have a look at specials this week, they have an excellent HI Def STB for about $80.00 - it's a very good buy.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joebanh View Post
    Does anyone know, or can link me to a site where it shows how to install one of these?

All i want is free2air television, but for some reason it is picking all these scrambled foxtel channels and I cant seem to change it?
    Joe,

You can find a manual for the Strong satellite decoder , here:

As mentioned, if you want FTA (eg 7,9, 10) you need a terrestrial STB and a terrestrial antenna (normal TV) You can get the FTA channels as part of a Foxtel satellite subscription if you are in Melbourne or Sydney (and I think Brisbane)

Thanks

I thought this box would have the facility to receive f2a as it does have a direct RF input as well as a satellite input.

Thanks

Upon a quick scan of the instructions, it states you can switch between either the satellite source or tv source. Now I am as confused as I was before my initial post.

Thanks

K1.Cruiser - I had a look at the Lyngsat website, and I cant see how it has any relevance with what I am trying to achieve. Could you please explain further?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

It has loop-through terrestrial antenna PAL connectors and an RF modulator, which you can use to connect the box to a TV that does not have AV connectors.

Using this method of connecting the box to a TV allows you to switch either the output of the box OR the terrestrial antenna to the TV.

The box does not have a terrestrial tuner.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joebanh View Post
    K1.Cruiser - I had a look at the Lyngsat website, and I cant see how it has any relevance with what I am trying to achieve. Could you please explain further?
    It has no relevance because as we've now established it's not Satellite TV that you are after. Lyngsat, or the page that I liked you to, simply shows what is available from the particular Satellite I assumed you were pointed at.

It's now apparent from your subsequent posts plus the responses from the other users that your requirement is actually for Terrestrial TV and I guess that brings us back to the Aldi option.

As MTV has already explained, your Strong STB does not have a FTA or terrestrial tuner, simply the loop through facility.

Thanks

Default please help me

Please help me with a strong SRT4653x decoder firmware that reads Irtedo and conax card. The one in the strong site is only for Conax cards.

Your urgent reply is requested

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

The fw will read irdeto as well.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS