Thread: Candy [2006 Aust Film]

Thanks

Default Candy [2006 Aust Film]

Wow.

Very rarely (well not allot anyway) am I really impressed with a Film.
    Simply put this is almost a perfect film combining so many facets of film making into one really amazing piece of work.

I'll be honest, I had never heard of it. I do vaguely remember it being mentioned now that I have seen it. And it came too me via pure chance. I was watching a documentary on Heath Ledger regarding his death. And being somewhat of a fan of his, I thought I better check out this film he was talking about.

How this was not an International hit, I will never know (perhaps it was 2006 was a blur for me).
    edit: Went to IMDB and it tells me this won AFI's (thank f**k!)

Where to start, IMHO, acting , locations, story, characters, plot development, chemistry, all done to within an inch of perfection. (not only by the lead roles, but supporting actors as well)

Candy & Dan are junkies. and when you say that about a story for a film you naturally think of "train spotting".

Train spotting whilst an amazing film could be considered a very graphic film portrayal about heroine addiction, this is more a of realistic even spiritual journey into that lifestyle between two people that are soul mates on one hand and no good together at the same time.

I felt for both of them at different times during the movie. I really don't want to say to much as I think this deserves to be left alone and a simple encouragement push to watch this if you get the chance.

Honestly can not speak highly enough. its a 99% perfect film.

Having said that, I was very disappointed with the ending. again, I wont go into it as I think you could interpret it in a few different ways, and if anybody bothers to watch it, I'd very much like to hear what your thoughts are on it.

If you want a film, that is real, heartfelt, emotional, diverse, happy and sad , romantic and cruel (somewhat) that may fall into the drama genre then this is definitely for you

anyway if you want spoilers and a better written review

Full IMDB info is here

edit: ps.. Slick, if you have seen this, I'd love to hear you thoughts and if you haven't may I send you a copy?? my treat. assuming you read this post and/or want to see it...
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I watched it back in 2006/7, not a bad movie, my taste is differ to yours