Thread: Remote Video Verification RE: the IP debate

Thanks

Wink Remote Video Verification RE: the IP debate

IPAlarms, CCTVGuru & IntelleGEORGE.

What a spirited debate. The client’s requirements must always come first. With regard to digital V Analogue the solution can not be cost prohibitive to the client. I agree and disagree with the comments made with regard to dinosaurs and IP solutions as I am directly and indirectly engaged with Major Security Companies on National Level Contracts. I am also involved with Small to medium sized companies throughout Australia who in themselves are quite capable. Guys, remember that National/Multi-National security companies are governed by such things as margins which are a direct reflection of buying power and this is represented within their product offering. You will be quite aware of this CCTVGuru.

You all seem quite knowledgeable but also reflect a particular bias for what you know well (product and service providers in this instance).

I myself look at all opportunities from a technology perspective but these must meet what the client needs. This is from Local Government right up to National Federal Clients, accross mining and infrastructure and even International Commercial clients.

The problem with the industry, even more so now due to the economic recession, is companies are climbing over each other to sell product not a solution and this is having a horrendous impact upon small security companies.

IPAlarms, have you looked at Videofied?

Don’t be aghast CCTVGuru & IntelleGEORGE as it may have a place in the market.

The beauty of forums such as this is that you can present objective comment.

Cheers guys.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clontarf Boy View Post
    Guys, remember that National/Multi-National security companies are governed by such things as margins which are a direct reflection of buying power and this is represented within their product offering. You will be quite aware of this CCTVGuru.
    It's a shame these margins affect the end users quality of product and workmanship. We all know consultants mainly push the product which is offering the biggest kick backs and salesmen sell products under cutting the competition in order to get a foot in and then expect installers to cut corners to come in under budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Clontarf Boy View Post
    The problem with the industry, even more so now due to the economic recession, is companies are climbing over each other to sell product not a solution and this is having a horrendous impact upon small security companies.
    There's the problem, businesses are so keen to get in the door that they will sacrifice their reputation by installing rubbish rather than implementing some sort of quality control in product choice. Ever wondered why the companies that win tenders never stay on to service the client after the warranty period expires?

Thanks

It's a shame these margins affect the end users quality of product and workmanship. We all know consultants mainly push the product which is offering the biggest kick backs and salesmen sell products under cutting the competition in order to get a foot in and then expect installers to cut corners to come in under budget.
    Hay I just worked it out....been in this game many many years.....but had never worked it out...I mean we all know about the backhanders to consultants but I always wondered how the consultants ever worked out which ones were on the take - the first time around.....but then I realised one company always made it easier for them....easier even than cutting and pasting ...so when looking for a company to promote as a consultant and wondering which company may give you a few benefits...its simple

What is it you want them to do for you - PAY YOU A COMMISION

So what should you look for ....... well for a start why not try abbreviating what you are looking for.

Lets see...

PAYING COMMISIONS

I wonder what that could be abbreviated to LOL

This is just a joke kiddo's no need to take it serious......the tongue in cheek reference is JUST a joke......and a play on words...I am not for one second suggesting that any company pays commisions to consultants - Honestly....again just a joke for a laugh