Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Solar power inverter sizing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    Ok , a bit more reading has shed more light on it for me and I think I understand it a bit better. My inlaws have full solar power which is what I thought this was hence my confusion.

As I see it :

They only work during the day if the sun is shining , should you generate any more power than what you use during the day it gets fed in to the grid as there are no batteries to store your own excess power with these systems unlike traditional solar power. At night , you run off mains power. If there is a power outage , even if its during the day , you have no power. If its not sunny or its night time , you have to buy power just as you are now. Its realistically a 12 hour system.

To me it seems the main beneficiaries of this system are the power companies and the government. The power companies are using consumers because there are no power storage facilities for consumers to harness what they collect and any extra power made during the day is taken by the power company to be sold off at a profit while after paying you less. The government as always tries to come up smelling roses with the greenies.

One question I am interested in though....can you transfer REC's to other individuals ? It seems they are effectively a share or commodity and can be resold ( by companies at least )
    I think there is still quite a bit you are missing ,

I get paid 23 cents per KW I feed into the grid , western power sell it back to their normal users at 13 cents , but you keep saying the power companies give you bugger all and sell it for a huge profit ?? I cant see how the major beneficiaries are the power companies and government especially when you are given an 8k subsidy so the system cost you almost nothing ?
    There are no cases where you are paid less than the power companies sell it for as far as I am aware.

Solar is more a 6 hour system on average for usable production time.

I am with you on the tree huger bit , I don't believe we are causing global warming , but I do believe the more people that utilize Solar the more we are taking the control away from the power companies and government.

You can assign or sell your recs to anyone you want

I think the main thing people are missing is that when you do switch to solar even if it is small scale , you become a lot more aware of your usage and wastage , the benefits are two fold in that you are making some of what you use which in most cases becomes less than you used to use.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SystemRat View Post
    The panels Nuenergy list as using are SST 170-72M the catalog has them rated at 15.89% efficiency.

I am not sure if this is a fair comparasion panel for panel but this BP solar 170 watt panel is less efficient at 13.5%

Efficiency?

Only a problem if your planning to put them on the dog kennel....

Efficiency is watts per square metre...most people dont care how big their panel is compared to another....since roof space is abundant.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    You can assign or sell your recs to anyone you want

I think the main thing people are missing is that when you do switch to solar even if it is small scale , you become a lot more aware of your usage and wastage , the benefits are two fold in that you are making some of what you use which in most cases becomes less than you used to use.
    Mortgage Choice here in NSW (Lake Macquarie) are offering a 1.16kw system, fully funded if you sign over the REC's, by this months end, to a value of $8,000 - if your earn under $100,000.

Last bill on a 90 day cycle was $338-44 - 'total electricity before GST 2794.2kWh, based on 19.1781kWh/billing day. (34c per day for mere availability). Already have energy saver bulb, 20w=100w fitted, with associated headaches:-)

I wonder if I am better off simply going for a solar heating system (Tubes) instead, either via Ebay and a pro install of this, or say Energy AUS (quoted $1,600 after REC's for glass panel type), OR this solar panel offer. 1-4 persons reside variable.

If I go panels, with this Diamond system - easy enough to expand later?

Or go ceiling insulation (or buy Retail and do it myself).

Or lastly, just sell the REC's? ($8,000 presumed value - for now)?

Office of the Renewable Energy Regulator
    5th Wyking Panzer Division

Thanks

What is the amount that is going to be paid for excess power placed back into the grid?
    I was quoted 60c kwh by one prospective installer yet phone calls to two electricity retailers claim that they will only pay an amount the same as they charge you, ie around 16c kwh.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbreath View Post
    What is the amount that is going to be paid for excess power placed back into the grid?
    I was quoted 60c kwh by one prospective installer yet phone calls to two electricity retailers claim that they will only pay an amount the same as they charge you, ie around 16c kwh.

yep...that's because legislation hasn't been passed yet.

But i think Joey said its already happened in WA and SA.

The providers hate the concept.....

Thanks

If you are in Victoria, don't hold your breath for a good price on selling excess power back to the grid. Remember all those backroom deals Kennett did when he sold the power utilities? I bet there are a few clauses in there that keep the public at arms length and digging into their own pockets for a few years to come.
    iam a bogan

Thanks

Another free installation offer company advertising in our local paper "The Latrobe Valley Express" Sunburst solar. Looked at their website but has very little or no information on their offer.

Thanks

I'm just using the smart power tariff over here in WA , the 60cents Per KW deal failed to go through only last week when they announced some major stuff up , it could possibly be another year now !!

There are going to be some major problems in all states with the higher buyback scheme because it leaves the power companies open to problems none of them anticipated ,being that anyone on the smart tariff that owns a Solar + Grid backup system can use battery banks to feed the grid all day during peak getting 60cents per KW and then charge the batteries off peak for 7 cents per KW every night . , I can safely feed 25KW per day from the batteries + whatever the solar produces ( up to 18KW per day ) .
    So if people took advantage of this situation it wouldn't be long before the scheme would have to be shutdown.

Basically costing them $25.80 per day while only being able to charge $1.75 for power used to recharge the batteries.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Joey For This Useful Post:

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

The detail from WA.

Brumby here in Victoria did come out this week with an announcement Victoria could not go it alone in its climate change programs. I wonder if he will use that to say no to the 60 cents proposal to get out of paying and to help Rudd introduce the new ETS tax.

In Victoria that was to be 60 cents for what you feed in. In WA it was for gross generation which would be much better as you get paid for power you generate and you use . I notice there is a lot of media spin coming out re the ETS scheme which I hope is doomed and won’t be passed.

The local member will be giving his presentation on it at a public meeting. I am tempted to go so I can ask a few inconvenient questions.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Well thats a total disaster if you are in WA !

Thanks

This link seems to indicate that the feed in tariffs are already set????

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

More disasters

Thanks

Sent an email to metro yesterday saying I want to go ahead with the install got one back today saying come in and sign up

Had lunch listened to the news DOH!!!

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Looks like they are in damage control mode. Free install offers must have driven the demand through the roof. Very sneaky of Garrett popping up today and saying its all over tonight.

I’ve heard a few ad’s on radio from solar firms saying hurry up and sign up online or our office for your last chance this morning and thought it was a marketting ploy till I heard the news.

I wonder how many of these firms have bought and paid for advertising on the run up to June 30th when it was meant to end.

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Just listened to talkback and it may be the case you can still apply up till 7.00 pm today. You need to produce a drivers license and rates notice for the address where system will be install.

Thanks

How many people actually signed up before it was to late ?

Banned
    Thanks

Default Solar power inverter sizing.

[IMG]http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2f1j00NCytobRlHQkfM/Solar-Power-I
    nverter.jpg[/IMG]

Product Description

Profile:
    FNC series Power Inverter can convert 12V/24V input voltage to 220V AC to 50Hz output voltage, This itmes have perfect protection functions including short protection, overload protection, overvoltage protection, undervoltage protection and reverse connection protection etc. Compared with other products in the same type, it possesses the superior characteristics of little interference to electic appliance, low nois, long life span without maintainance and wide voltage adjustment range, and can supply the power for a long time.

Technical Parameters:
    Capacity (VA): 96 / 120 / 145 / 200 / 400 / 800
    INPUT
    Voltage Rating: DC 12V / DC 12/24V
    Voltage Range: DC 10-14V / DC 20-28V
    Current: 7A / 8.7A / 10.5A / 14.5A/ 29A / 9A
    OUTPUT
    Voltage Rating: AC 220V
    Voltage Range: AC 160- 265V / AC 190-250V
    Frequency: 50Hz
    Waveform: Modified Sine Wave
    Efficiency: > 80%
    Overload Capacity: When load current is greater than 120% rated one, Inverter come into protection mode automatically. Then it resujmes work
    Noise: < 55 dB
    PROTECTION
    DC Input: Low DC Shut Down
    Overheat: When internal temperature > 85%, automatically transfers protection mode.
    Overcurrent: Short circuit occurs
    LED: Work light; Overload
    Ambient Temperature: 0---40º C
    Insulation Resistance: > 3 MΩ
    Electic Strength: 1500V / Min
    Item Size (mm): 185* 162* 100 ( for FNC-120/150/180)
    200*185*100 (for FNC-200 )
    250*200*240 (for FNC-400/ 800)
    Net Weight (kg): 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.7 / 5.5 / 7.5 / 9
    Trademark: Fu Li Da
    Model: FNC-120/ 150/ 180/ 250/ 500 /1000
    Company: Dongguan Fulida Electrical Equipment Co., Ltd.
    Other products from this company

* Multi-Charge FCD-50A
    * Power Inverter FNB-500VA/DC12V
    * AC. Automatic Voltage Regulator (Home Appliance)
    * Power Inverter with Charger 500W to 2000W

Banned
    Thanks

Default Solar power inverter sizing.

[IMG]http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2f1j00NCytobRlHQkfM/Solar-Power-I
    nverter.jpg[/IMG]

Our Business Directory Of Solar Inverter System is proud to offer a wide selection of Solar Inverter System at lowest price. Here you can get a free business to business plateform and find world's leading manufacturers, exporters, and online suppliers of diverse types of Solar Inverter Systems and other related products. Solar Inverter System industry leaders offer to you a wide range of quality Solar Inverter Systems on budget rate. Here, you can also find the listings of world's leading Solar Inverter System manufacturering companies and industries, along with the listing of buyers and importers of throughout the world.

The quality policy of our manufacturer, exporter, and wholesale supplier of Solar Inverter Systems, is to deliver the best Solar Inverter System products which can fully satisfy their various requirements. Here, at Solar Inverter System Supply Industy's Business Directory, we listed Solar Inverter Systems Manufacturers, Indian Exporters of Solar Power Inverter, Digital Solar Inverter Suppliers and Wholesalers Directory of India, Wholesale Budget Solar Inverter Supply from India, Buy Online Power Solar Inverter Systems, Indian Dealers and Distributors of Electrical Solar Inverter,Solar Inverter Manufacturering Industries and Companies in India, etc.

Functions as an extended run standalone power source for household and industrial appliances.
    High and Low Voltage cut-off for the safety of appliances attached through the inverter and automatic inverter support for blackouts and brownouts.
    Battery run time is dependent upon the size of the battery connected.
    Converts 12 volt DC to 220 volt AC.
    Software controled PWM based pulse charging.
    LED indications for Mains On, Inverter On, Overload, Low Battery, Battery Charging, Fuse Blown and Short-Circuit.
    Rating:- 500VA TO 2000VA

Main Features
    Automatic boost & trickle charging.
    Download Broacher
    Battery deep discharge protection.
    Quick change over time.
    Wide Input Range.

Technical Specifications

Input Voltage 150V to 280V
    Input Frequency 45 Hz to 55 Hz
    Output Voltage 230V ± 5%
    Output Frequency 50Hz ± 5%
    Waveform Single Pulse PWM
    Load power factor 0.8
    Battery type Lead acid Battery
    charging times 5-10 hrs.
    Protection against Over load, Short circuit, battery low

Banned
    Thanks

Thank you very much for giving me this type of game and very dangeres weapons. again thank youuuuuuu

Banned
    Thanks

Thank you so much for the post. It's really useful.
    Through ur post, it help me to improve my knowledge.

• Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast