Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Solar power inverter sizing.

Thanks

Default CEEG Panel Specs - the facts

Quote Originally Posted by jatz76 View Post
    Two things I've just found out. The panels used by NuEnergy and Ecovation (CEEG panels) are only 14% efficient. This is pretty much at the bottom end of panels. Most are around 15-16%. Some get as high as 21%. Guess you get what you pay for!
    Beyond Building have changed their panel to TaiZhou Sopray SR05-170. Not much info on these. I did find a data sheet but it doesn't say efficiency of the panel.
    I'd assume all these free solar systems use cheap Chinese panels that are not very efficient.
    The CEEG panels are not 'bottom end' panels. Their standard basic panel (not their higher ST model) has an effeciency of 15.89%. The 21% readings only occur in Lab conditions. No assembled working panels do 21%. CEEG are the third largest in China, soon to be second behind Suntec. Sopray are 4th!. There are another 400 or so manufactures after that! All have about the exact same specs as a Suntec monocrystiline panel. And, No, I have no association with NuEnergy

Thanks

Default CEEG Panels

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    I had never heard of CEEG until I read this thread and I have been playing around with this stuff for a few years. , Doesn't mean they are no good though.
    You really need to read the fine print when it comes to PV module warranty , it's not a replacement warranty like it is made out to imply , it's more a warranty that the module with produce a certain percentage of it's rated output on a sliding scale until 25 years is reached., the replacement warranty varies greatly between different manufacturers so do some research.

Government may take up to 8 weeks , should read will take minimum of 8 weeks and then start waiting to receive grant.
    The pre-approval process normally takes about 3 weeks.
    The money is paid into your specified account and you can be notified when the funds have been deposited.
    First they will give you pre-approval of the funding and will only pay the 8000 once the job is complete and notice of completion has been sent to them.
    Dont worry they dont hand out this 8K on anyones word , they required your signature of completion , the installers signature and must be accredited , the system has to be connected to the grid, photos of the installation with wide shots showing it is your actual residence it is installed at.
    The completion paper work has to contain these photo's ( at least 3 non digital photo's ) connection completed paper work from energy provider , complete and detailed technical drawing of layout and specifications , complete detailed itemized invoices showing all components , labor , design costs less GST etc .
    Any mistakes or anything missing no questions are asked it is all sent back and the waiting process starts all over again.

Heres some facts about CEEG panels you may not know. CEEG are a massive company.

China Electric Equipment Group Corporation has three modern production facilities and four Reserch & Development centres covering an area of nearly one hundred hectares and employing over 6000 staff.

CEEG is a partner company of China Sunergy which owns one of the largest production bases of solar cells in China, and supplies Sunpower and many other module companies.

CEEG are a strategic Partner on the Chinese Space Program including the Manned Space Program & the planned Chinese Moon Exploration Missions.

CEEG have a capacity of 380MW (that’s over 50 million 170w panels) production for 2009 and currently export product to Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Czech Republic, Africa, USA, Korea and Australia. They are the third biggest manufacturer in China. With current expansion activities, it will become the second biggest manufacturer by the end of the year. Only Suntech will be bigger.

Their leading Professor Dr Zhao Jianhua is a graduate from the New South Wales University Solar Science Research Centre and currently holds the world silicon cell conversion efficiency record of 24.6%.

• Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345