Thread: PS3, how to clean it up for sale

Thanks

Default PS3, how to clean it up for sale

I want to clean up my PS3 as im going to sell it.How do i give it a factory type reset so the new owner can set it up themselves? Also How do i delete my information off of the PS network so that my email and all my adresses arent in the system itself? .e.g when you go to sign into PSnetwork it already has my email in it? I managed to delete my C/Card details but can find no way of deleting my other info. Or is this information not even stored on the PS3? Is it stored with sony network? . please help!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Had another thought. Should i just do a full format and delete all info on the HDD?

Thanks

Thats what I would do!

Thanks

Its all ok. I found a way to put it back in to factory settings ie how it was when i first got it, Here it is if anyone else is selling theirs

1. make sure the PS3 is in standby
    2. hold down the power button on the PS3 (not the controller) the PS3 will turn on then turn off, take your finger off the button.
    3. hold down the Power button again this time it wont shut down, wait until it beeps twice in a row then take your finger off the power button.
    4. you should get a message asking to connect your controller via usb cable do so and switch it on.
    5. a menu appears with a bunch of options, choose number 5 this will format the HDD drive and revert all the settings and options back to how it was when you got it, Make sure if you want to keep any info to back it up first before doing this function.