Thread: Why, G cards, Ebay?

Thanks

Default Why, G cards, Ebay?

How come it is illegal to sell G cards on here, and it's bad if you get caught with them (from what I hear).
    but ebay is flogging them off?

would the 1.4 OS cards be the way to go?

Thanks.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

what is g card ?

Thanks

gamma card

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

We dont have a problem with people selling BLANK cards.

Thanks

A tip for newbies: a gamma card is absolutely useless UNLESS
    1. you also have a file containing master keys that still work for the pay tv service
    AND
    2. your card is one of the (more expensive) ones that's able to decrypt and load the above file - only cards unlocked with their 'transport code' are able to do this. having a gamma with the "right version" OS isn't enough.
    AND
    3. you have a receiver whose CAM is still compatible with the provider's stream - Austar's stream at present is only compatible with Austar's own softcam, not third-party receivers like Humax or Dreambox
    AND
    4. you can get that receiver to accept the gamma card

Gamma cards, binary .gam files and card loading tools are everywhere; finding them on the internet requires no skill, doesn't make you clever or lucky, and won't get you pictures. Do you really think it's that easy? Do you really think the people who obtained the master keys and wrote the emulator code didn't take steps to protect their investment? Do you really think the pay tv providers sat back and did nothing once thousands of pirate cards flooded the market? There have been plenty of periods in the past when if you knew the right people and paid the right amount of money you could get a card that unlocked all the channels, for a while, but now isn't one of those times. Paying money for an ebay gamma card will only get you scammed. It was pretty much always that way anyway with ebay sellers - working gamma cards were seldom sold on ebay because of risk the buyer was a fraud investigator.

But nine out of ten newbies looking for Gamma cards want their "free" pay tv so badly that nothing anyone says will dissuade them from parting with their money. Once they get there's no helping them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gw1 View Post
    A tip for newbies: a gamma card is absolutely useless UNLESS
    1. you also have a file containing master keys that still work for the pay tv service
    AND
    2. your card is one of the (more expensive) ones that's able to decrypt and load the above file - only cards unlocked with their 'transport code' are able to do this. having a gamma with the "right version" OS isn't enough.
    AND
    3. you have a receiver whose CAM is still compatible with the provider's stream - Austar's stream at present is only compatible with Austar's own softcam, not third-party receivers like Humax or Dreambox
    AND
    4. you can get that receiver to accept the gamma card

Gamma cards, binary .gam files and card loading tools are everywhere; finding them on the internet requires no skill, doesn't make you clever or lucky, and won't get you pictures. Do you really think it's that easy? Do you really think the people who obtained the master keys and wrote the emulator code didn't take steps to protect their investment? Do you really think the pay tv providers sat back and did nothing once thousands of pirate cards flooded the market? There have been plenty of periods in the past when if you knew the right people and paid the right amount of money you could get a card that unlocked all the channels, for a while, but now isn't one of those times. Paying money for an ebay gamma card will only get you scammed. It was pretty much always that way anyway with ebay sellers - working gamma cards were seldom sold on ebay because of risk the buyer was a fraud investigator.

But nine out of ten newbies looking for Gamma cards want their "free" pay tv so badly that nothing anyone says will dissuade them from parting with their money. Once they get there's no helping them.
    This information very much applies to people in Oz, people in Europe seem to still be ok, as far as I have read........ but now there is speculation maybe another team has intervened and has managed to do the so called impossible?

Thanks

very much applies to people in Oz, people in Europe seem to still be ok
    Yes, that's my understanding too. Providers in each region manage their countermeasures differently. Always it's only a matter of time before the next exploit, leapfrog or countermeasure comes along.

I'm not saying all gammas are broken, not even in Australia. All I'm saying is at this point in time in Australia the providers have the upper hand over most would-be pirates. With that being the case it's a dangerous time for a newbie to go shopping for a gamma - he'll almost certainly get scammed.

As for rumours of a new team "done the impossible", I'd treat it like every other rumour of a new file or card being available "next month". The very small circle of people who know the facts are highly unlikely to announce them, for obvious reasons. Hence whenever the average punter hears those rumours - and they repeat every few months - it's best to dismiss them as hot air whipped up by sellers trying to offload dead stock or flog something shiny and new to gullible speculators. Believe it when you see it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gw1 View Post

I'm not saying all gammas are broken, not even in Australia.
    Are you saying Gamma cards(assume all the right infor(key,file, loaded properly) still can be used in OZ?

Thanks

Of course they can, that's been discussed elsewhere. But does that mean most punters who spent $$$ on a Gamma card can get them to work again? No.

PMs on this subject won't be answered. My purpose is to understand things, not to help people freeload. I'm not interested in Murdoch's channels nor in giving up my time so someone I don't know can get them for free.