Thread: Summernats

Thanks

Default Summernats

Anyone go or going to Summernats, I went down on Friday for the day, was awesome as usual!

Mick

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Annual Event: Thu 3 Jan – Sun 6 Jan

The Summernats Car Festival is a spectators paradise with plenty of things to see and do all day, every day. From looking at all the show cars to checking out the traders pavilions. There are bands playing, the Miss Summernats competition, the Kidz Zone and much more. It's non stop action every minute of the day. It may be said that the Summernats Car Festival is for the "Big Kids" but the Little

Address
    Exhibition Park
    Flemington Road
    Mitchell ACT 2911
    Australia

Thanks

Next year i will be organising a few car loads boys (freinds and their kids) for the trip up to the capital for the week.

This year i will be limited to Easternats at Sandown raceway.

Last time i went up was in the mid to late eighties and really had a good time.

Still remember the Ford capris with v8s and blowers cruzing the streets

Memories

Thanks

Was supposed to go this year but once again no time for it. Last time i went was in 2002?

See how we go for next year!

Thanks

hot rod site I hang out at heaps of pics

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nuckles View Post
    hot rod site I hang out at heaps of pics
    not a bad site mate, good pics too. I saw most of those cars, with the exception of a few.

The yellow mini ute with a V8 in it was awesome(in the photos its the yellow one in the trailer, beat that for power to weight ratio)

Thanks

This is nothing new.. didn't this always happen lol

yelling "Tits or rubber!"

Thanks

yes ozrodders site is a great site good bunch of blokes over there just thought ide post this 9 min youtube vid of the nats i found on one of the links over there ill post back links of pics from various sites i visit for yas

Thanks

check this truck out

Thanks

Summernats is the same as it ever was and will ever be, a meeting place for inbred wankers who get drunk and chew up their tyres. I'll never go, and I don't want my son to either.

From what I've seen and heard, the entire IQ for the sum of the participants at summernats couldn't ever exceed 100 points.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by therufus View Post
    Summernats is the same as it ever was and will ever be, a meeting place for inbred wankers who get drunk and chew up their tyres. I'll never go, and I don't want my son to either.

From what I've seen and heard, the entire IQ for the sum of the participants at summernats couldn't ever exceed 100 points.
    Well, well here we go, a church boy.
    Summernats will always have your "feral" element.
    Its about car enthusiats getting together, showing off years or hard work and in some cases cars that are works of art and priceless.
    You do not have to be drunk or yell show us your tits to have a good time (thats optional), chewing rubber is all part of the show. It is a show you know.
    The police have a field day taking care of trouble outside of the grounds. Private security is inside the grounds.

I have shared track days with Ferrarri and Lambo owners (well known buisness people who make more in a week than the average person in a year) , cars worth more money than the median house values in melbourne and one thing i can tell you is even they have a hoon element in them. Yes they also like a relaxing drink and looking at breasts. Yes they also like smoking rubber and fast cars.
    If you think they dont have an IQ, then take a long look in the mirror. Chances are you probably indirecty work for one.

ps i dont have a problem with you, its just your opinion (inbred and lack of iq) that gets under my collar.
    You must be mixing in a diffrent circle and are not a car enthusist.

The real inbreds with no IQ are the ones doing it on the streets risking lives and not in a controled enviroment. Im sure the police are taking good care of that.

Have a really, really nice day.
    Last edited by global88; 08-01-08 at 08:13 PM. Reason: added some more

Thanks

Thanks

And judging by your post, you sound like the small minded, inbred fvck from bumpkinland that never ventures out in the REAL world to experience different events.

I actually took my family there and even my 8 and 10yo daughters enjoyed the day!

You need to get out more buddy!

As global put it, I have no problem with you, just your inbred, bumpkinland attitude towards something you know f all about. I absolutely have a hoon inkling, but I will not stand for being called a low IQ inbred wanker, I'd reserve that for yourself...btw what is YOUR IQ, reckon most of them would far exceed yours judging by the 'simpleness' of your post!

Thanks

Well said Global. (& Mick).

What id like to know is how do "inbread wankers" that have an extremely low IQ afford to buy and modify these vehicles (many in excess of 100 grand)?

I dare say that the majority are in fact not inbred and have the intelligence to carry out paid work and learn the skills of an advanced mechanic in their spare time.

Thanks

I took my car years ago and went in all the events i think i top qualified in go-whoa and made the burnout final, a few years later i rang around chasing footage they took (there was none on the dvd's) and was told they wanted 4k to find it for me....pffft

Thanks

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so here I go.

I've been to the Nats most years, missing just a few, and yes there are some boguns there, but they are in the minority. What I see in the main are people who love cars, and people who go down to marvel at both the tough cars and the cars which have had thousand, yes many thousands of hours of hard work put ito them.

I'm not judgemental, but I leave you with this thought, if you look hard enough you'll find the low lifes down at the nats, but then again if you goto church on Sunday you might bump into a few low lifes as well.

Thanks

The Summernats is now nothing but a Prostreet chrome show.
    Gone are the 1am street racing challenges between VIC, NSW and QLD for which made it HUGE in the early days.It's not a shawow of what it once was.
    Tame and lame...