Thread: NewCS Run Time Error

Thanks

Default NewCS Run Time Error

Been trying to upgrade my NewCS to 1.65 from a much older version, when executed always seem to get a run time error then shuts down

Look Here ->
    Group 1 Owner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 742 Posts

how did you upgrade it. Via blue button or DCC.
    Blue button will configure and setup correctly. DCC however, if you didn't install in correct directory and rename if required, then you'll have problems.

Uninstall Newsc from remove software. Reboot DM. Install via blue button (ethernet). Reboot.
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Thanks

sorry i should of been more specific i am currently using v1.2 NewCS on a windows system and want to start using NewCS 1.65 on my windows system. i have configured the config file correctly though once i start newcs it crashes and has a run time error

Thanks

Perhaps you're in a directory that contains spaces or punctuation that's valid on Windows but not Linux; try moving everything to a folder like "c:\newcs165".

Make sure you are strict about case (upper/lower) because, although Windows is case insensitive, NewCS is Linux code wrapped in an and file system differences can be a trap sometimes.

You may need to specify the location of the config file explicitly using -c parameter. But if the config file is in the same folder as the application, and the full path name is purely alphanumeric without spaces or punctuation, you shouldn't need the -c parameter.

If the config file contains references to other files (eg a log or external user list) then check for invalid path or case mismatch in those references.

See also .

The NewCS documentation is a bit terse so you may benefit from rereading it carefully a couple of times.

If problems persist then post again with full details of your operating system version and steps you took to install NewCS including exact file and folder names. I don't use Windows much any more but others should be able to spot your problem.

Thanks

ok the config file loads correctly but once newcs is launched and starts reading the card it then crashes and delivers a run time error, though newcs 1.2 is working perfectly. do i have the right files in my folder? i have pthreadgce2.dll, newcs.xml, newcs.exe and mingwm10.dll am i missing anything

Thanks

A known bug with this version on any Wintel box. If you disable all logging (tcp and console) in your newcs.xml file, it will work, but you can not see anything on your screen. Time to up grade to linux
    It is a hobby so mileage varies
    Loving IPTV with XBMC and android M8
    Join in the XBMCHUB community and visit me at http://tvaddons.ag/

• The Following User Says Thank You to jonc For This Useful Post:

marzi (12-05-09)