Thread: make a WIM xp file

Thanks

Cool make a WIM xp file

hi guys i was wanting to know how do you make a xp WIM image file its only at the moment im using windows deplyment service on server 2003 and at the moment i have loaded vista on it so if i boot off lan i can install vista on any computer on my network but not all my computers run on vista and i was wanting to know if you can make or how you can make a xp WIM file.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

hi guys i ended up working out how to make wim files by capturing the image when you boot off the network but now i have a problem when i boot off the network it comes up with 2 files when you press f12 ones capture the boot image file then the other is to install the OS'S whats called long horn install now thats all good.

when i select the long horn install it starts up like vista but as an ip of my server then you have to wait till it finishes starting up off the server then it gos into the vista like setup and it will sit there for like 30secs checking computer hard ware then comes up with what country your in then click next then it comes up asking for user name and password so all well and good so far

then when i click next it comes up with what operating system you want to install and its only coming up with vista ultimate 32 bit and not xp pro,server 2003,xp media center,just vista but if i boot off the network on my laptop and not my pc my laptop works fine all the operating systems come up so has anyone had this problem before with windows deployment service on server 2003 or is this a hard ware problem with the computer that isnt coming up with all the operating systems thanks guys i hope this as made sins iv tried to make it to