Quote Originally Posted by SelecTV Ops View Post
Lazer - I interpreted gw1 was referring to Price for NEW No Contract Basic Satellite STB Offer for Dealers, not Package Prices;

Prices have gone up, please get rid of old price stickers.

Please understand that price increases are very difficult to implement, and are not our desired position, however certain circumstances, including new content, or changes to content agreements, or changes to installation offers, change the financials for us.

HAS EVERYONE MISSED SOMETHING!!!!!

SelecTV are now offering FREE installs in Greek, Spanish & Italian

This changes the economics completely for all Packages.

The Italian Package worked in the early days for customers who just wanted the few channels, however we seem to have exhausted the majority of those based on the last 12 months history. There is obviously a large subscriber base on Foxtel and others who are telling us they want more channels, that they are used to, to come across (yes on a FREE install) - we are just responding to the market. Existing subscribers can maintain their existing package.

Greek - there is method to this. ERT was always meant to be $5 and we have been providing it for Free.
Hello again - see my response to Lazer. You guys have all missed that SelecTV is now providng FREE installs to Greek, Spanish and Italian.

Prices rises are difficult and timing of them critical. We launched Free Installs so the timing was right for some adjustments to accomodate current and future changes/improvements.

We hear you re price points, but I am afraid you are the minority on this. We have run extensive surveys and discussion group sessions with members of these communities and this is what they indicated (Italian). We can't ignore the data...