Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Latest Selectv Dealer email

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Latest Selectv Dealer email

NEW OFFERS FOR SELECTV DEALERS

Dear SelecTV Dealer,

We have been working long and hard to improve the existing offers available for you to subscribe customers to the SelecTV service, based on your feedback over the past 12 months. This newsletter announces the launch of these new offers and the changes that have been made, both to offers and the way SelecTV processes these subscriptions. From now on, all subscriptions will need to be made using a “SelecTV Starter Pack”, now available FREE of charge from your SelecTV Wholesaler. Please read carefully the details below and make sure you are equipped with the correct Set Top Boxes and Starter Packs to continue offering SelecTV to your customers.

OLD SELECTV DEALER OFFERS
    1. Existing Smart Card Offer
    The original Smart Card bundle kits will no longer be accepted for subscription as at 15th of May 2009.
    SelecTV Dealers are invited to return all unused and un-activated Smart Cards to SelecTV. Please complete the attached form and return it along with the Smart Cards to the address provided. You will be refunded $20 for each unused and un-activated SelecTV Smart Card received.

Download Credit Claim Form

2. Existing Set Top Box Offer (AF3030IF)
    The current SelecTV Set Top Box Bundle Kit will no longer be available for subscription as at 15th of May 2009; however the Set Top Box can still be used under the NEW SelecTV offers. Please dispose of the current SelecTV Offer sticker on the outside of the Set Top Box packaging.
    In order to continue to sell SelecTV using the Set Top Box stock you have on hand, please contact your SelecTV Wholesaler for the new Starter Pack's (see below for offers and instructions).

NEW SELECTV DEALER OFFERS
    A limited number of SelecTV's Wholesalers and Dealers are involved in an initial TRIAL offering FREE Installation (on a 24 month contract) on all packages - Premium TV, Italian, Greek & Spanish from 11th May, 2009.
    SelecTV have also launched NEW No Contract Offers, available to all registered Dealers (see below for more information).
    The new SelecTV Combo STB (twin tuner with SD terrestrial + SelecTV) is now also available for sale through the Dealer network.

1. Free Installation
    SelecTV will pay a fee for the installation and equipment when the customer agrees to subscribe on a 24 month contract.
    OfferPackageInstallationSet Top Box
    1Premium (English)Free InstallationCombo STB (SD-2000S)
    2International (Greek, Spanish and Italian)Free Installation*Basic STB (AF3030IF)
    *International customers can upgrade to Combo STB for an additional one off fee of $49.95.

2. No Contract Offers
    Any registered SelecTV Dealer can continue selling the No Contract option using the new SelecTV Combo STB or with the SelecTV Satellite STB. If you currently have existing SelecTV Satellite STB's (AF3030), you must request a “No Contract Starter Pack” from your Wholesaler to be able to subscribe new customers.

OfferPackageSTB Trade PriceSTB Price RRPSet Top Box
    3All Packages$77.00$99.95Combo STB (SD-2000S)
    4All Packages$110.00$149.95Basic STB (AF3030IF)
    *Installation fees apply

If you are interested in finding out more information and becoming one of SelecTV's top dealers with access to our free installation offer, please reply to this email with your contact details. We will send you the relevant information within 5 business days.

COMMERCIAL SITES
    A reminder that SelecTV does not have a Commercial Agreement to distribute our service to non residential dwellings.
    It has come to our attention that there are a number of Commercial sites currently active. We urge any SelecTV Dealers, who may have mistakenly installed a Commercial site, to contact us with the site details before 31 May, 2009. No action will be taken against any Dealer who informs SelecTV (see contact details below) before this time.
    It is important to note that all SelecTV Smart Cards are registered against the installer and are easily traced back via our Track and Trace system.
    Please email the account number and/or address details of any potential Commercial site to John Rohan at john.rohan@selectv.com
    We thank you for your continued support and please do not hesitate to contact your Wholesaler or SelecTV for further information.

Kind Regards,
    The SelecTV team

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Exclamation In for a penney, in for a pound.

Something like this has been in the wind for some time now.
    Remains to be seen how the customers will accept it.
    I doubt the dealers will be overjoyed.
    Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".............

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beer4life View Post
    Something like this has been in the wind for some time now.
    Remains to be seen how the customers will accept it.
    I doubt the dealers will be overjoyed.
    Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".............
    Well, I don't know about the dealers, but had I not already subscribed to the Italian package with them (out of convenience since RAI is FTA) I certainly wouldn't be doing so now. I don't have their letter on hand outlining their benevolence towards me, the customer, but if their marketing department really thinks that people are buying the crud they're publishing, then they're more stupid than they appear. Personally, I thought it was refreshing that they let me run my own istallation and choose the foreign package I wanted without being forced onto the basic package first. The more I read into this, the more I'm convinced that this is payback for all those pirate viewers flocking to legitimate subscriptions after their whities, goldies, gammas or whatever ceased to work!

UFO

Thanks

Card-only subscriptions are no longer available, please return our cards.

All customers must buy one of our nasty set top boxes.

Prices have gone up, please get rid of old price stickers.

We've worked long and hard on our price rise, and removed the card-only option based on your feedback.

Tell us about your commercial installations otherwise we'll sue you.

Please be sure to capitalise FREE when promoting the starter pack.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

My how times change....I remember all the folk saying how good it was that a company was providing a unique service to the aussie subscriber.....didn't take too long to change their stripes did they. Wonder when they'll scap the personal ownership of the gear?

Hohum.

Thanks

A way of getting subscriber numbers up I guess - the gear x 24month & free install.

What they should do is adopt say the Mediastar HDX1000 instead, or similar, as such a box could then be used with terrestrial HD services = greater attractivness.

A 'no contract' deal remains but you now need either their terrestrial/combo box, or the AF3030 sat only unit.

At least we can still use their card in aftermarket boxes, after that stage. Odd and sad step, but plays out to a degree to what member Laser said about provider boxes business model some time back.

Shame about the no cards only option.... gone..
    5th Wyking Panzer Division

Thanks

If I didn't already have been subscribed to there card only no contract $30 deal I wouldn't even consider it now. For me having a legit multichoise card is the best option, better channels and programming especially the 7 sport channels

Thanks

This looks like Austar to me - our box, over the air updates - just waiting for the next price rise!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gw1 View Post
    Card-only subscriptions are no longer available, please return our cards.

All customers must buy one of our nasty set top boxes.

Prices have gone up, please get rid of old price stickers.

We've worked long and hard on our price rise, and removed the card-only option based on your feedback.

Tell us about your commercial installations otherwise we'll sue you.

Please be sure to capitalise FREE when promoting the starter pack.
    If only you could write all the government press releases gw1, they would take a third the time to read, a tenth of the time to understand and we would know instantly how badly we were getting screwed

Thanks

C'mon.. having to use their equipment obviously relates to whiteys.. They must have taken a hit as a result of piracy and want to fix it a-la-austar style. I dont have & dont want select, but how can you blame them for wanting to protect and grow their business? Blame the Gamma team/sellers, not select...?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Thumbs down Pre-emptive.

Quote Originally Posted by JIM_WALKER66 View Post
    C'mon.. having to use their equipment obviously relates to whiteys.. They must have taken a hit as a result of piracy and want to fix it a-la-austar style. I dont have & dont want select, but how can you blame them for wanting to protect and grow their business? Blame the Gamma team/sellers, not select...?
    Nah, now that whities are history:

Now we're break even and we've got them by the balls, screw them up to the hilt.

Thanks

Default Its Coming

My brother was a loyal select customer for ages then rang select to say He was traveling overseas for three months could He put the service on hold and they said they could put it on hold for 8 weeks only and told Him the card would have to be returned to them if the period was any longer.

So He just forwarded their card (property)back to their locked bag address

Guess what He got home from overseas and they no longer do card only Subs and He would either have to lock in to a contract or He could buy a card + Box Sub for for $135.

He's argument was But I have been a loyal customer and already have all the equipment setup why do I now need to purchase another STB (sorry Sir but it's policy) But it was ok for you to sell me a card only service before why not now???????????

Why as most on this site know they are future proofing their service to have the option to lock the card to the box as per crapstar.

Time will only tell I guess

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JIM_WALKER66 View Post
    They succesfully killed all Selectv pirate cards months ago , so I personally wouldnt be giving them that as a defense. I quickly gave up being a dealer for them because they are incompetent twits who constantly change the goalposts , cant be contacted from a dealer side and have some very incompetent staff.
    It is becoming very hard to feel sorry for them.

A combo box with SD and not HD ? It was probably done so people dont realise just how bad pay tv picture quality is.

Thanks

A budget pay tv service staying with standard definition makes total sense to me: 97% of the available content is only standard definition, and few would consider highdef receivers or TVs to be budget.

To my mind SelecTV's problem is that it's jumping horses mid-race. They had a well defined market segment and a clear business strategy to target them, but since the WIN buyout they've lost focus and made policy decisions that cut across that strategy. The used to offer good value for money to those who wanted to utilise their existing equipment without obligation. But now they have an uncompetitive product that appeals to nobody in particular. With contracts, obligatory receivers and slender price advantage they are basically just an inferior clone of Austar with all the downsides and no upgrade path to exclusives like Fox Sports, History Channel, UKTV, SciFi and Fox8. Not that I would pay for those channels any more (I've had my fill of them) but others would.

SelectTV's only strong card is Movie Network: for those who just want 24hr movies on a budget SelecTV still have a reasonable price advantage. But customers within reasonable distance of DVD stores would arguably be better off renting. Apart from movies it's hard to see why someone considering SelecTV wouldn't just pay slightly more and go for Austar. SelecTV had a compelling offering when the comparison was Austar vs $29 + no contract + own equipment. But now they're just another "me too" pay tv provider struggling because the other similarly-priced networks have popular channels they're unable to license.

Thanks

SelectTV's only strong card is Movie Network: for those who just want 24hr movies on a budget SelecTV still have a reasonable price advantage. But customers within reasonable distance of DVD stores would arguably be better off renting. Apart from movies it's hard to see why someone considering SelecTV wouldn't just pay slightly more and go for Austar. SelecTV had a compelling offering when the comparison was Austar vs $29 + no contract + own equipment. But now they're just another "me too" pay tv provider struggling because the other similarly-priced networks have popular channels they're unable to license.
    Unfortunately austar is not available to Metro people and if my memory serves me right they don't offer movies incl in their basic package. But your make a good point gw

My mum got her letter last week telling them that they lost one of the italian channels so that leaves just RAI and if she wanted the basic basic she can get it for another $25. Select must have spoken to Wayne Swann cause he gave the pensioners an extra $30 a fortnight and Select is happy to take that off you.....

I am kicking myself for not going C band and getting RAI FTA.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myf360f1 View Post
    ...My mum got her letter last week telling them that they lost one of the italian channels so that leaves just RAI and if she wanted the basic basic she can get it for another $25. Select must have spoken to Wayne Swann cause he gave the pensioners an extra $30 a fortnight and Select is happy to take that off you.....
    That's the letter I was referring to above. Did you read the hilarious part about them not reducing our costs because they were offering Fashion TV, Leonardo and Euronews to us for FREE!
    Euronews is still there though.

I am kicking myself for not going C band and getting RAI FTA.
    For heaven's sake, why are you despairing so much? You can get a 2.3m mesh for about $180- $200 on ebay. I'm only waiting for the right moment to do just that. Once you're done, move the SelecTV dish to Optus D2 and get mum another 2 FTA Italian Channels, bringing the total to 3 FTA offerings.

I believe the Greek community lobbied the Greek government for more FTA channels and/or funding and apparently got it. Perhaps the Italian community should do the same! I'd love to see some of Berlusconi's Mediaset to offset the communist rants on RAI. Or better yet, we should lobby RAI for a FTA RAI Movie Channel. Lord knows that after 50 years of productions, including SPACE 1999, they must have a stockpile of viewable trash in their basement!

I'd even be happy to see ads. Some of those Mulino Bianco commercials still bring tears to my wife's eyes!

UFO

• The Following User Says Thank You to ufosarereal For This Useful Post:

myf360f1 (15-05-09)

Thanks

Yep, setting up C band is cheap. Every serious satellite hobbyist should have a play with it, you'll learn heaps and have a lot of fun.

The only problem is some councils restrict dish sizes and mounting options. If you get along well with your neighbours you're unlikely to have problems - only if someone's vindictive and makes a complaint.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gw1 For This Useful Post:

BlackDuck (15-05-09)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ufosarereal View Post
    That's the letter I was referring to above. Did you read the hilarious part about them not reducing our costs because they were offering Fashion TV, Leonardo and Euronews to us for FREE!
    Euronews is still there though.

For heaven's sake, why are you despairing so much? You can get a 2.3m mesh for about $180- $200 on ebay. I'm only waiting for the right moment to do just that. Once you're done, move the SelecTV dish to Optus D2 and get mum another 2 FTA Italian Channels, bringing the total to 3 FTA offerings.

I'd even be happy to see ads. Some of those Mulino Bianco commercials still bring tears to my wife's eyes!

UFO

Yes I love their spin on this, wasn't awre of the FTA on D2 will need to investigate that a bit more.

Yes your absolutely right GW1 but unfortunately my Mums neighbours are the type to complain about everything. Already approached the council and their verdict was if above the fence line then I require all neighbours who can see to approve it. Thats not going to happen.

Thanks

Yep, setting up C band is cheap. Every serious satellite hobbyist should have a play with it, you'll learn heaps and have a lot of fun.
    As a newbie I would love to go down this path, I bought a 2nd hand H-H positioner and now get C1, D1, D2 and Pas 8.

Would my Humax 5400 work OK, and what is the smallest dish that would be effective for C band?.

DumbDuck.

Thanks

I always thought it was 1.9M but 2.3 is the best to cover everything.

• The Following User Says Thank You to myf360f1 For This Useful Post:

BlackDuck (15-05-09)

• Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast