Thread: DM500s will not motor to some sats

Thanks

Default DM500s will not motor to some sats

Hi,

I have a DM500S with Powertec H-H Motor and have a reasonably consistent problem whereby I cannot motor to Optus D2. I normally flick between C1 and D2 specifically to watch NHK World. Sometimes my setup will not motor to other satellites, although D2 plays up the most. When the motor fails to move the OSD just says "please wait while your dish is moving to xxx" until I go switch to another sat. If I change channel back to one on the original satellite the channel displays immediately (indicating the motor did not move away from the original sat).

I find two work-arounds, one is to motor to another sat (usually ones closer to the horizon) then while the motor is in transit flick to D2, alternatively if I change channel to one of the ABC Uplinks I tend to find it will move 90% of the time.

I'm using USALS with a single LNB and have performed the resetting proceedure (send 0, isolate cable, send 0).

Any idea how I can motor to D2 100% of the time?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

One of the transponder on D2 has no signal and your Dm 500s trying to get that transponder, when you swich to D2.
    So find that transponder and wipe it off from the transponder list.Then DM can look for transponder on D2 which is has a signal.

• The Following User Says Thank You to MR-MIXER For This Useful Post:

gw1 (18-05-09)

Thanks

Thanks Mr-Mixer,

I went into Transponder Edit and cross checked that the Transponders listed matched up to Lyngsat (Frequency, Polarity and Symbol Rate). The FEC for each Transponder was set to Auto, I changed to match Lyngsat for the first two transponders plus the NHK Transponder.

Still getting same issue.

I notice when changing from C1 to D2's ABW Uplink 1 (12544/H/6980) the motor positions correctly but when changing to NHK I would get no movement.

Inspecting NHK further I noticed my Dreambox had frequency 12544/V/22501 but according to Lyngsat 12546 is the actual frequency. Dreamset shows transponders are matching the OSD and Lyngsat but also has channels on sats with Transponders that do not exist (such as NHK being on 12544. tho picture shows fine). I try removing channels in DreamSet and write back but the Dreambox still has the old listing. I manually delete with the OSD and they rescan automatically still o incorrect Frequency. I'm pretty much going to give it up and just motor via ABW Uplink.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fattious View Post
    Thanks Mr-Mixer,

I went into Transponder Edit and cross checked that the Transponders listed matched up to Lyngsat (Frequency, Polarity and Symbol Rate). The FEC for each Transponder was set to Auto, I changed to match Lyngsat for the first two transponders plus the NHK Transponder.

Still getting same issue.

I notice when changing from C1 to D2's ABW Uplink 1 (12544/H/6980) the motor positions correctly but when changing to NHK I would get no movement.

Inspecting NHK further I noticed my Dreambox had frequency 12544/V/22501 but according to Lyngsat 12546 is the actual frequency. Dreamset shows transponders are matching the OSD and Lyngsat but also has channels on sats with Transponders that do not exist (such as NHK being on 12544. tho picture shows fine). I try removing channels in DreamSet and write back but the Dreambox still has the old listing. I manually delete with the OSD and they rescan automatically still o incorrect Frequency. I'm pretty much going to give it up and just motor via ABW Uplink.
    It's quite common for tuners to show frequencies a few MHz either way. Don't worry about that. Lyngsat is also not always up to date. So scanning in your own is still the best way to go.
    With regards to your motor not always working maybe try a better powersupply. (more amps)

Thanks

You using good quality cable? Myabe tried a quad shielded rg6 I haven't ever had to but its an idea. Maybe try putting a grounding block in and properly grounding it, that'll help cut interfearence.

Thanks

Thanks for the tips I will try grounding and power supply and come back with results.

Thanks

Well I replaced the 2 amp supply with a 4 amp one and the motor now moves every time it is instructed. I did read elsewhere 2.5 amps is recommended when using motor.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fattious For This Useful Post:

bloggs (03-06-09),weirdo (02-06-09)