Thread: Information on a Pace STU-100

Thanks

Default Information on a Pace STU-100

I have just been handed a Pace STU-100 set top box for analogue cable TV. I don't have specifications for it and I am not versed in analogue cable TV, so rather than burying it in the garden, does anyone know if it could be used to modulate RF signals of sorts, in any manner. This item has video and audio RCA out, F-type Cable input and an F-type TV connector which doesn't specify whether it is TV-in or TV-out.

UFO

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Analogue fox was shut down around mid feb 2007. Around that time i also heard rumours that you could sell the stu's to our NZ friends who could use it for sky, but there was not much discussion about it. I still have my stu200 and goldie...kinda miss it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keegs View Post
    Analogue fox was shut down around mid feb 2007. Around that time i also heard rumours that you could sell the stu's to our NZ friends who could use it for sky, but there was not much discussion about it. I still have my stu200 and goldie...kinda miss it.
    Thanks for that Keegs.

I wasn't really expecting to find an active analogue serivce, at least not here in Aus. Still, I'm sure that the box can be used as a signal filter/modulator. You wouldn't know how the cable signals were muxed, would you?

UFO

Thanks

All i know was that the channel spacing was every 7mhz, and on the UHF/VHF bands as you could plug the coax into a normal tv and get the encrypted picture.

Newscrypt was the name of fox's analogue encryption. There was a few ways you could play around and get pictures. You could use Ncphoenix to reactivate blocked/expired sub cards, or make a blocker out of a chip and put it inbetween the data line and the reader to stop the card getting updates, or better yet buy a goldie off a seller that simply just worked and opened every channel without any hassles or mucking around. Goldies worked right up until analogue was shut down - if memory serves me right it was around mid feb 2007. Sad day indeed

• The Following User Says Thank You to keegs For This Useful Post:

ufosarereal (25-05-09)

Thanks

All i know was that the channel spacing was every 7mhz, and on the UHF/VHF bands as you could plug the coax into a normal tv and get the encrypted picture.
    Thanks buddy, that's info I can use. I'll keep you posted of my findings.

Newscrypt was the name of fox's analogue encryption. There was a few ways you could play around and get pictures. You could use Ncphoenix to reactivate blocked/expired sub cards, or make a blocker out of a chip and put it inbetween the data line and the reader to stop the card getting updates, or better yet buy a goldie off a seller that simply just worked and opened every channel without any hassles or mucking around. Goldies worked right up until analogue was shut down - if memory serves me right it was around mid feb 2007. Sad day indeed
    Unfortunately, Feb 2007 was a much sadder period for me than just the death of analogue. Still. I appreciate what you're saying. Years ago, when my parents had Fox I remember calling the company asking for a quote on their broader packages like Showtime etc, which we didn't have. By timing this before a good movie, the sales person almost invariably would give us an evening's worth of free trial access, just to get us hooked. Generous of them, but that's as far as my experience with pirate TV goes. I recall many stories about these cards being switched off during some main event. Which also brings to mind the inverted broadband filter. Wouldn't that have stopped the Fox card from updating as you suggest?

UFO

Thanks

They switched off a few channels at a time, until there was none left, i still have a box and card and the pic code

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz808 View Post
    They switched off a few channels at a time, until there was none left, i still have a box and card and the pic code
    Have you tried any mods on it?

UFO

Thanks

No mod, its just sitting in the cupboard waiting

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ufosarereal View Post
    Thanks buddy, that's info I can use. I'll keep you posted of my findings.

. I recall many stories about these cards being switched off during some main event. Which also brings to mind the inverted broadband filter. Wouldn't that have stopped the Fox card from updating as you suggest?

UFO
    My goldie never went down or dropped out. The code was called NCEM and was posted here soon before analogue was shut down. I still should have it on my pc if you want me to post it, not that its useful these days.

As for the phoenixed cards dropping out, this was the case unless you had a blocker chip installed into your stb. Nothing a re-phoenix couldnt fix though, although i do recall the sub cards had a rather limited life.

Thanks

My goldie never went down or dropped out. The code was called NCEM and was posted here soon before analogue was shut down. I still should have it on my pc if you want me to post it, not that its useful these days.

As for the phoenixed cards dropping out, this was the case unless you had a blocker chip installed into your stb. Nothing a re-phoenix couldnt fix though, although i do recall the sub cards had a rather limited life.
    This box has an NDS card in it, not that I'd need it. No the real reason I want to play with this box, and please don't think I'm being ambitious or silly here, but I thought it would be interesting to somehow multiplex all of my RF feeds from various sources pass the signal back into the wall, then through this box and use it to select the channels at a remote location, say like my office or the bedroom. That's why your first post will come in handy. All I have to do is figure out how to correctly combine the signals to emulate the original cable feed. I'm sure it can be done. Any ideas?

UFO