Thread: Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

Thanks

Default Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

Saw this about 4 weeks ago, story about an SS officer promoted and now given control of a concentration camp, so what does the silly bastard do? He takes his whole family with him, including his young daughter and even younger son. I won't spoil the story but suffice to say that German personnel speaking supurb oxford english does not help this movie, it detracts from the whole show. A bit like enemy at the gate with Jude law playing a russian soldier DOHHHHHH it doesn't work.

Score 6.5/10

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myf360f1 View Post
    Saw this about 4 weeks ago, story about an SS officer promoted and now given control of a concentration camp, so what does the silly bastard do? He takes his whole family with him, including his young daughter and even younger son. I won't spoil the story but suffice to say that German personnel speaking supurb oxford english does not help this movie, it detracts from the whole show. A bit like enemy at the gate with Jude law playing a russian soldier DOHHHHHH it doesn't work.

Score 6.5/10
    also like Valkyrie......thanks for review myf360f1
    Democracy & Ignorance = A Winning Combination

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myf360f1 View Post

Score 6.5/10
    Doesn't work? Really? I have only seen it in Italian, so I can't comment on the English version, but the Italian version worked for me, just like it did for Australia where I didn't have to suffer Nic's accent.

Anyway, the film left a sour taste in my mouth. Not because I didn't like it, but because of the senseless loss of life it portrayed amidst the innocence of youth. Whether you believe that the holocaust took place or not is really irrelevant when just the fictitious perception of such events say much about man's dark side. Although there are significant contrasts, this movie also reminded me of Roberto Benigni's film, Life is Beautiful.

UFO

Thanks

Hi UFO,

I made the same comments about the Benigini film to my wife saying they were similiar. Of course if you see in italian the effect is totally different, but German people speaking perfect "english" isn't exactly authentic.

cheers