Thread: WinCSC and NewCS server

Thanks

Default WinCSC and NewCS server

Hey guys.

I have had good success with my 'garage' file server with NewCS and modded Jaycar II running my NZ sly card to my DM's over my LAN. reponse time averages 0.27

I have built a 'runabout' (XP1800 Athlon/ 1GB DDR1) and thrown a clean install of XP on with all necessary drivers/codecs to make it run.

It will run GB-PVR/ProgDVB quite happily with FTA channels.

I installed WinCSC 1.4.0.2579 plugin and it logs on to NewCS fine and decodes with response time of 0.3

BUT! the thing 'jitters' when the DCW changes.

Do you need a rocket ship to make this system work properly or is it an inherent problem with this plugin type software? The Dreambox reads and runs perfectly with no drops or jitters.

Any idea's to try or setup/config hints would be helpful.

Thanks

Ady.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi Andy,
    try acamd5.1 or higher. I've never had much success with wincsc.
    Cheers

Thanks

Default NewCS/WinCSC Update

After some extensive testing and rebuilding I have concluded the following:-

NewCS for Windows will only run on SOME hardware and even then will only run on SOME operating systems with a SKYNZ card. It will return.. card not found... server not ready... reset failed... etc etc etc.. on the ONE pc I actually got it to work on... out of about 7 I tried... the motherboard capacitors promptly shat their pants and I was back to square one!

HOWEVER!! ALL IS NOT LOST.

I ended up building the missus an 'updated' PC from a s/h mobo and cpu combo from a scrappy for $45... it ended up faster than my main pc!!! sucks.. but i digress....

I then commandeered her old Presario 700Mhz Duron with a 6Gb drive and 128Mb of ram. I fitted a Dual Serial PCI card so the serial lead can be run inside the machine, and fitted my modded jaycar in a spare CD-ROM bay and slotted the blank front panel to suit. Loaded Ubuntu 8.04. loaded and configured NewCS (for linux obviously). I set the speed to 3.58Mhz, card detect off. The server started immediately and found the card automatically.

There was no need to enter the Boxkey either!!

DM500 connects fine over the LAN.

I then tried again with WinCSC and Acamd and it was better but still had the jitters from all of the viewer software i tried.

So i attacked it from a different angle. I added CCcam to the linux card server and configured it to forget the serial port and connect directly to NewCS. When doing this make sure you set your N: line to read the LAN IP Address of the cardserver NOT 127.0.0.1 otherwise you cannot connect other cccam's to it with a C: line!

I downloaded and... yes... paid for FlyCCcam.

It connected immediately to CCcam and started decoding on any viewer s/w i have.

It is also VERY light on the processor and there are no jitters or missed decodes.

This is what I can recommend as a stable system that actually works.

Can anyone recommend a mdapi plugin that works with Australasian Irdeto2?

I still cannot get Aurora working. Have tried WinCSC, Acamd, Emubox, Flycccam, V_plug and Emunation... none can decode I2 ozzy keys from a V5 Epsilon card.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers and happy building

• The Following User Says Thank You to Ady_m For This Useful Post:

gw1 (29-06-09)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ady_m View Post
    So i attacked it from a different angle. I added CCcam to the linux card server and configured it to forget the serial port and connect directly to NewCS. When doing this make sure you set your N: line to read the LAN IP Address of the cardserver NOT 127.0.0.1 otherwise you cannot connect other cccam's to it with a C: line!

I downloaded and... yes... paid for FlyCCcam.

It connected immediately to CCcam and started decoding on any viewer s/w i have.
    Hi Ady,

I have a Newcs server running on a linux box (cheap eee pc actually) and it works great for S*Y UK. I use it to serve my card over my local network to my two Windows HTPCs running DVBViewer 4.1. I've got WinCSC running on these but as you say, it's a little jittery. No matter what I try, I cannot get acamd to work - I've got the latest version and am trying to connect to the exact same server that works perfectly with WinCSC. So, first question:

Can you give any advice on how you got acamd running on dvbviewer using your newcs server?

I'm about ready to give up on WinCSC and Acamd and was intigued by your idea of CCcam and FlyCCcam. I have absolutely no experience of either (and very little of Unix) and endless googling shows only info on dreamboxes (I use DVB-S cards in my HTPC) or is so complicated that I can't even work out where to start. So question is:

Can you advise on an idiot's guide to installing CCcam on my linux box so that it uses Newcs as the card reader and can share to Flycccam on my windows PCs. Like I said, I have absolutely no idea how to set configuration to make this happen and am having real difficulty finding intelligible solutions.

I would really appreciate it if anyone can offer any advice on this.

Regards