Thread: Receiver losing tuning positions

Thanks

Default Receiver losing tuning positions

I have C-band motorised dish currently setup and it is able to tune to the satellites ok. Just recently it appears to lose it correct tune position after I move to a different satellite and come back it it. Just about all the sats lose tuning.

I have read the positioner manual and it suggests a Re-sync operation. I have tried that, does not seem to correct the proplem. The other suggestion is also the Reed sensor may be unstable. That would suggest that the actuator is faulty.

What I can gather is as follows:
    1. Receiver picks the correct memory location on the position
    2. the position moves to the correct numerical value ( I wrote down all its postions to check)
    3. the Channel is not correctly tune at the same numeric position for the satellite each time I move away and back again. When I come back to it, I have to move 10 to 20 units in either direction to find the transponders again.
    4. I can go through and tune all the sats, when I am done, none of it will be correct.

Can someone identify for me more accurately which is the faulty component here (Receiver, Position or Actuator)

Is there a simple fix for this problem or do I need to return the faulty device (most likely positioner or Actuator, as the receiver seems to operate fine)

This problem is driving me nuts. It is bit like chasing a moving satellite (We all know that these sats are geostationary)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I just came across this thread while searching the site. My satellite installation has started exhibiting this very same behaviour. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by middy View Post
    I just came across this thread while searching the site. My satellite installation has started exhibiting this very same behaviour. Anyone have any ideas?
    G'Day Cobber,
    I'd be checking all your mechanical connections and pivot points for backlash.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".