Thread: Latest Transformers.

Thanks

Default Latest Transformers.

Any Review for this ,Screen some Country ,not here?
    Pre-release Torrent??
    What!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

sorry for the swearing

but this was "so f*%#ing awesome & my son agrees he thinks its better than the Matrix.
    I never thought there would be a sequel to movie as good as what The Two Towers or Return of the King are, but Transformers Revenge of the Fallen was just so awesome, the special effects are just that, sooooo special, the missus was never really a big fan of sci fi until she hitched up with me, to give you an indication of how much she got into movie, she was crying when Optimus Prime fell and to tell truth I wasn't far behind.

a bit more swearing than No1, but not to much to worry about if you were to take the young kiddies to see this, I thought it was well balanced in the end.

a big fat 10 out of 10 for me!!!!!!

all in all a fantastic movie
    Democracy & Ignorance = A Winning Combination

Thanks

ricklove there are a few cam versions on the torrent sites, they have been there for a few days. Cant wait to see this tmr.

Thanks

osci, has michael bay done his usual fast cuts in action scenes making them difficult to view for some?
    I thought the first was good, but the scene cuts were making the action hard to view.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osci View Post
    sorry for the swearing

....so f*%#ing awesome....
    Oh it's so f*%#ing not! Sorry but I can't agree with that at all. I thought the first one was enjoyable but this is rubbish, i.e. it's Michael Bay back on form. And what's with all dog humping jokes?? Man, it wasn't funny the first time!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssrattus View Post
    osci, has michael bay done his usual fast cuts in action scenes making them difficult to view for some?
    I thought the first was good, but the scene cuts were making the action hard to view.
    Ye he has done this.....I didn't find this at all difficult to view, however I cna see how it can make it difficult for some to view.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slickstu View Post
    Oh it's so f*%#ing not! Sorry but I can't agree with that at all. I thought the first one was enjoyable but this is rubbish, i.e. it's Michael Bay back on form. And what's with all dog humping jokes?? Man, it wasn't funny the first time!

and thats whats makes this world a great place...we all have differing opinions

Thanks

Just got back from seeing it. What an awesome movie.

Its pretty much a longer, funnier more action packed version of the first one. Movie had me hooked from opening to closing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osci View Post
    and thats whats makes this world a great place...we all have differing opinions
    I don't disagree with that! Anyway, I'll have my review up tomorrow, I'll welcome your comments, mate.

Thanks

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen is everything the first film should have been but thankfully wasn't. By some inexplicable alignment of the stars (or something) the Michael Bay Movie-O-Matic Machine™ managed to concoct a first film that was an entertaining and awesomely cool fighting robot flick (with a slightly boring middle section). With the second picture, however, Bay is back in the form which delivered such box office busting drivel as Bad Boys and The Rock.

Following on from TF1, the Autobots have formed an alliance with humans called NEST and have become a mechanical Team America: World Police style wrecking ball, indifferently ripping up cities and ancient ruins in an effort to destroy Deceptacon sleepers who have been living on Earth for 21,000 years (apparently), searching for some kind of sun harvesting machine built by an ancient evil race of Deceptacon elders. It's never explained why the Deceptacons didn't spend the intervening years ripping the planet apart looking for said device (and exterminating its human population in the process) nor is it explained how this plot in no way impinged on the Allspark story from the previous film. But such oversights generate barely a ripple in Michael Bay.

The first film was new and fresh; we hadn't seen anything quite like it before. However, failing to recognise that you can't be dazzled by the same effects twice, this film is merely more of the same. That's not to say that there isn't any entertainment value here, it's just that it is severely depleted and when you combine that with it's numerous drawbacks and excesses, what's left is a thin, vacuous shell of a movie. Even the poster art lacks the inspiration of that of the first film.

TF2's primary sin is that it pushes the comedy element way too hard! It's as if the producers said to themselves, "that was funny in the first film so let's increase it threefold in the second." (Note to Bay et al, a joke is only funny the first time.) So as a result we have repetitive, juvenile, humping dog jokes, an over abundance of tokenistic robot sidekicks and Sam's nutty parents being brought forth into a major subplot (sic).

And the films sins continue: A pop culture reference to swine flu looks and sounds like it was dubbed in post production. In fine Dungeons & Dragons tradition, no good guy dies who can't be resurrected again. Bumblebee's character was always more interesting when he spoke via his car radio, so despite getting his voice fixed at the conclusion of TF1 it's now inexplicably busted again. And as if Optimus Prime's serious headiness may interfere with the films new found juvenile funster image, he's removed from the plot for a large portion of the flick. The film is much poorer without him.

Attempts by the film to add faux depth to it's shallowness merely results in shallower shallowness. What meaning do declarations like, "God made us in His image. Who made him [i.e. Optimus Prime]?" have in this toy-fantasy universe? Particularly when the answer is clearly "Kenworth"!

The film is not coy in gently bludgeoning its audience with its allegorical sledge hammer either, the most distasteful of which is that on the "war on terror". Meg Fox's character iconifies everything which the public considers reprehensible about the Bush administration (sans the glamourous aesthetic) and it's served up to us as entertainment! She captures one of the enemy, extorts information from him by applying a blow torch to his eye and then confines him to a toolbox-sized prison cell. Later on she's seen leading him around on a chain. Is it any wonder the poor little guy ends up suffering from Stockholm Syndrome and is delightfully humping Meg's leg by the end. (Another humping joke!) It all leaves a rather sour taste in the mouth.

Of course this would be easier to swallow were the robots not personified to such a high degree; indeed it's a degree of personification which has transgressed to the point of meaninglessness. Old-timer robots have walking sticks, others have beards and testicles, Bumblebee is reduced to a sulking pet and a pair of clownish jive talkin' hip hop mofo robot twins is particularly cringeworthy.

TF1 treated the Transformer legacy with a measure of respect but this one exploits the franchise to the point of ridicule, cheapening the brand in the process and not even gigantic kungfu robots or Meg Fox's bouncy bits can atone for it's trespasses.

5 outta 10.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

the cuts made hard to watch in the begining(even on big screen),but i enjoyed the movie.\It had a start , middle and a end.would watch again.

Thanks

Sorry Stu....have to disagree with ya, whenever I go to see one these types movies I'm under no illusions as to their sole purpose - purely for the big $ and entertainment, and as such thoroughly enjoyed.

I enjoyed TF2 as much as TF1, I didn't read too much into the movie, but its a dam good review by yourself, however, unfortunately this time around, we'll have to agree to disagree

I still give it 10 out of 10

Thanks

I enjoyed the movie ...

I looked at it as a sequel and as a sequel it is what I expected.

The sound was 10/10 the vision was 7/10 (there was some definate scenes where it looked unrealistic) megan fox was an 11/10

overall I would give it an 8/10.

I will watch it again on blueray in my home cinema but will not go to the cinema to see it a second and third time like I did the first!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattwalker1975 View Post
    megan fox was an 11/10
    As always

Thanks

Just felt compelled to post this pic. (I'm not sure why.)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Thanks

oh thats just not right

tagg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssrattus View Post
    A bit hard to follow with all the action going on and almost impossible to tell friend from foe, i liked it but the first one had wow factor whereas this one had seen it already factor- not even more of Megan fox would make it better.