Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dm500 Clone without Jtag pins??

Thanks

excellent stuff

i see your Hakko 926 pictured - the best soldering station ever made, i've been using mine everyday since it was purchased back in 1991 and all original apart from the tips and sponges

here is what i do whenever i need to micro solder something - take the magnifying lens assembly scavenged from the optical module of a scanner or fax machine (they all have one its a black 15mm x 20mm metal cylinder with internal glass lenses) and heatshrink it onto the drilled out lenscap of a cheap cmos composite camera or USB webcam with the same diameter lens

attach it to a gooseneck mount and pipe the video into your monitor - and voila a cheap USB microscope
    Last edited by Mysterex; 30-07-09 at 02:34 AM.

Thanks

damned impressive commitment ray
    on an hourly basis you have the most expensive 500 around
    but the experience and reward - priceless

ps - at my workplace I have instilled a rule that when you have been wrestling with something (just like your problem) and you have a good success then you are obliged to get up out of your chair and do a lap of the workplace with your head up and chest out feeling good about yourself .
    mate you have earned two laps - off you go ....
    Dm500, DM5620, DM600 x2, DM7000 x1, DM7020, DM7025, DM800, VU+DUO and a partridge in a pear tree
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterex View Post
    excellent stuff

i see your Hakko 926 pictured - the best soldering station ever made, i've been using mine everyday since it was purchased back in 1991 and all original apart from the tips and sponges

here is what i do whenever i need to micro solder something - take the magnifying lens assembly scavenged from the optical module of a scanner or fax machine (they all have one its a black 15mm x 20mm metal cylinder with internal glass lenses) and heatshrink it onto the drilled out lenscap of a cheap cmos composite camera or USB webcam with the same diameter lens

attach it to a gooseneck mount and pipe the video into your monitor - and voila a cheap USB microscope
    Hakko had been in my family for the last 18 years. Its very good unit just that the plastic casing now is getting a bit brittle.

My next project I will be to build a magnifying camera like you got there.

Ray

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nfnovice View Post
    damned impressive commitment ray
    on an hourly basis you have the most expensive 500 around
    but the experience and reward - priceless

ps - at my workplace I have instilled a rule that when you have been wrestling with something (just like your problem) and you have a good success then you are obliged to get up out of your chair and do a lap of the workplace with your head up and chest out feeling good about yourself .
    mate you have earned two laps - off you go ....
    Yes nfnovice.. indeed my dm500 now worth something like $500 or even more if my hourly rate is say $100.00 ph but its a hobby hence the enjoyment I get from it outweighs the monetary value....

I did do a victory lap in my shed when I got the mobo to work again.

I hope other members of the forum can get something from these.

Thanks

Hi

What news about you DM500 since the last two weeks?

Best regards
    Dm7020, ERSA IR station, binocular microscope, etc.....
    http://bemoltronic.blog4ever.com/blog/forum-331413.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bemol View Post
    Hi

What news about you DM500 since the last two weeks?

Best regards
    Hi Bemol! As I have posted above (Post #19) thank you for the information you shared (re pin 20) I have a spare dm500 now. . Thank you again.

Ray

Thanks

raygbmw1 hii I have the same problem on my dream ....He is olso rev 7.0 and on the mainboard is missing pin 20.......

I read this post and the pictures is exelent only I have one doubt about cable...
    I realise that I mast have 6 wires to do a j tag but i,m nit sure wich pins are corect for the wires on j tag cable.....
    Pin r600 is ?
    pin r 601 is?
    pin r602 is ?
    pin 603 is ?
    pin 604 missing one is on procesor like you sed and he is ?
    and ground is 6 wire

Also can you tell me wich jtag cable arre you yousing bicouse I seen a lot of it and my mind is going crazy and I been qwestioning my self is this cable I been working on is good so can you please tell me sheme of youre j tag is

thanks

Thanks

erma. Now what you need to do is look at the diagram [IMG]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209
    /6325/jtagpinns.th.png[/IMG] I posted. This shows the jtag pins only the pins are not numbered as you would have seen on the Jtag tutorials like JtagDm500.vniekjd2.ENG (search for this this is the one I used to build a jtag cable).

In vniekjd2 tutorial the jtag pins are numbered 1 to 16 left to right then down where 1 is the top left side and pin 16 is bottom right side. The schematic diagram shows pin 1 to 16 top right down then up the pin 16 is directly opposite 1.

Now if you do a bit of investigation it should be clear to you now that jtag pin 1 is schematic pin 1, jtpin 3 - sdpin 2, jtpin 7 is sdpin 4, jtpin9 is sdpin5, jtpin11 is sdpin 6.

Now again if you understand above you should now also see that jtpin1 is IBM pin 20, jtpin3 is R603, jtpin 7 is R602, jtpin 9 is R601 and jtpin11 is R600.

For ground jtag pin 16 you can connect this to the ground of the the power supply. Look closely to one of my photos one wire is directly soldered to the ground side of the power jack/plug.

There you go 6 wires. Search and download JtagDm500.vniekjd2.ENG as this is an excellent tutorial and it includes all you need to know on how to jtag a dm500. I build my jtag cable using this tutorial.

On more suggestion is to use a power board that has a switch because to get the dm500 board to connect with the jtag cable and computer requires a split second synchronization of doubleclicking the jtagprogram and powering up of the dm500 board.

I feel like I just spoon fed you already... but I know reading schematic diagram can be very confusing. Please read again the above postings specially the one by bemol.. and be sure to look into the photos to make sure you got the right pin20... as I had my first go was wrong lucky the cpu did not die. The photos should give you the clues of what to do.

Have fun... the dm500 board is cheap and doing what I did was just for the fun of learning new things.... so have fun.

Ray

Thanks

Hi

to acces the link

regards

Thanks

tnhanks for the anwering my qwestions ,,,,I have a frind he,s a very good electrision but we have a problem with the j tag conection ...
    He sead to me that he have good pin on procesor and the other pins but we don,t have a conection ,,,,hmm maibe is the switching problem ....I,ll tray to do may best to solve a problem tomorow and this is the forum 1 to tell about my resalt becouse only this forum have samthing to gave me about my problem

Chears
    Last edited by erma; 17-08-09 at 07:54 AM.

Thanks

Hi

Can you send a picture of your dm500 with the wires ?

Best regards

bemol
    Last edited by bemol; 28-08-09 at 06:19 AM.

Thanks

Hi.

Can anybody help me? I have a clone which have no jtag. So I found this thread, but all the photos are lost (dead links). So I'd like to repair it, but without the infos are impossible to me

Thanks

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12