Thread: Tomtom XL - Other Country Map

Thanks

Question Tomtom XL - Other Country Map

I am in Australia and am planning to buy a Tomtom XL for use here.

I also want to travel to western Europe soon, so I want to download a map for that trip and then return home and use the Australian map again.

The Tomtom Xl doesn't have an SD card I understand.

Will it be difficult to download the western Europe map (from sites recommended on this forum) and then return to Aus and use my Aus map?

I'm not very sophisticated technologically!!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

The TomTom XL 340 is the latest version in the XL range. It comes with 2gb internal storage.

Tomtom recommends the following map for the TT XL 340. Which contans all the features supported by this mode ltomtom. Using this map would involve A backup of the Australia map, then deleting Australia to make room for the new map. And then deleting the Western Europe map and installing the Australian maps when you get back to Australia from your holiday.

Western Europe v8.30.2305
    Download 1727.7 MB

Detailed map seamlessly covering Western Europe with IQ Routes™ data for faster routing - unsimplified version.
    Map coverage statistics:

* countries fully covered (99.9%): Great Britain, the Republic of Ireland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, France, Monaco, Italy, San Marino, the Vatican City, Spain, Portugal, Andorra, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxemburg, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and the Canary Islands
    * roads covered (km): over 7.5 million.

The other alternative is to get the smaller Western Europe 1gb Map v830.2306. This samller version is designed for older TomToms. Less detailed maps and no iq Route, Lane Guidence and Text To Speech. But will allow you to install the Western Europe map without having to remove the Australian maps.

Latest maps can be found on the
    You'll have to be a member to see all the forum threads. Membership is free and well worth signing up for.

Installation instructions can be found here in this forum as well as the iPmart forum.

Thanks

Default Thank you

Greg,

That's an excellent and very helpful reply - thank you!

I just had a read of the forum site you gave me and I'm glad I asked this question before buying the unit, so I know what I'm in for.

It looks like a serious undertaking to do what I want to do but lots of people seem able to do it, so why can't I?

The instructions looked very comprehensive and step-by-step so I think I'll give it a go.

I'm very impressed with the willingness of people like yourself to help beginners like me.

Thanks again!