Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KIA PREGIO wiring fault

Thanks

Default Tail lights brake lights not working

Quote Originally Posted by oldbrowndog View Post
    Regarding my 2005 Kia Pregio.
    Well typically its taken me this long to get around to doing something about it.. See the car still drives fine, but all those electrics I mentioned are still out & now the rear brake lights are on all the time unless I remove the battery terminal.. So im forced into it or the battery would drain every time i left it connected, plus people would run up my ass in traffic....

Thought Id post the process here in case any other newbies need to be walked thru it.. Cos i need more help!
    Heres a foto of what I assume I need to replace, The ETACS, which is bolted to the wall just above the floorpan behind the cigarette lighter..

I have also been told by someone on another forum that it would be prudent to :
    "check the connectors on both ignition and fuse box as well as the battery terminals and check the earth from the negative terminal to the body and to the engine so check all that and see how you go."

I've checked the connectors (except the one from negative to the engine cos its too hard to trace) & they seem to be fine, at least they look fine, Am i supposed to be checking for a melting or a disconnection?.. Anyway I think its 99% sure the ETACs..

So if you can please walk me through the process & tell me if the yellow module in the picture marked K7CO is the bit i need to replace I'd appreciate the help as Im sure others will..

My idea is to buy a replacement ETACs from the kia dealership or a wreckers & if they have a return policy I will return it if it is not the problem..

thanks again
    dog.

Hi, I seem to be having a similar problem, but unsure if it is from the same source. I have checked all my fuses which are fine,BUT Ihave no power at the tail light and brake light fuses....
    Where does the power come to the fuses from? Does it come from a relay first, from the indicator switch?
    Any help in tracing this problem would be well appreciated!
    Thanks

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Who would have predicted these heaps of sh1t would become the worlds most reliable vehicle
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12