Thread: Extended EPG using SQLite

Thanks

Default Extended EPG using SQLite

Ok,

I rarely create threads, but I decided to create one before the big crash. I managed a few replies when the email I received stated that there could be more replies....

Course site was down, so hopefully those very helpful people can once again help me out.

Running Pli-Iolite (current image) on DM500S and have successfully mounted a drive and pointed the SQLite database to the mounted drive under EPG settings in System Settings.

I have installed AU Day XmlTV and set this up under EPG Configuration (yellow button -> Dreambox EPG Config) and set the cron.

Created the Oztivo account and set my channels.

Updated the AU Day file au_dm_xmltv.cfg and uploaded three files (including channel.txt and au_dm_xmltv.sh) to their proper locations on the DM.

Telnetted in and ran the .sh but returned errors. Beginning to think the .sh wasnt meant for Pli-Iolite.

I get the epg.dat file created on my mount but it only populates it with current and next programs.

What successful methods have others implemented for an extended EPG? Not really interested in 7 days. Even two days would suffice for me.

If someone could steer me in the right direction they would definitely be in the running for the "First to help someone on Austech after the big crash" medal mars bar.

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Ok with the site being down I have pulled my hair out over this but at least I can say I worked it out myself..

I use gem 4.2 and multiview plugin

I have a laptop running a CS so I use that to do all the EPG work with epgcenter

I have an oztivo account (as if that is not hard enough to setup!)

This is my dreambox setup line in epgcenter EPGcenter
    x l f -3600 epgcenter 7 EPG .XMLTV -

The -3600 in the line above is the value I had to use to line up the times on my dreambox EPG

FTP destination
    /var/tuxbox/config/mv/epgcenter/

For the INPUT I put XMLTV file. With a +11hr offset (check you epg tab to make sure times line up)

Under EPG tab make sure you right click on channels and map them to correct dreambox channels

Now to get the XML file I use windows scheduler with this in the Run: C:\Progra~1\Chami\URL2File\URL2File.exe c:\tv.xml

Put your username and password in

As you can see above I use a program called URL2FILE.EXE to download the webpage to a XML file that then EPGcenter can input.

Ok I know this post is a bit ass about face but it should be more than enough to get you 7days epg on you dreambox..

Oh on epgcenter website is more help and with my settings you should be up and running in a lot less time than me (4days!!!)

Thanks

what version of multiview did you use, did you use the the one on the gemini download server and if so how the hell did you get the 1.5Meg to fit on the dm500

Thanks
    CVLAIS

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I'm bombing out with EPGCenter. It returns an error when opening on XP SP2.

"Run Time Error 3078"
    The Microsoft Jet Database engine cannot find the input table or query 'favourites'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

Then it just closes so I dont get the chance to change any settings.

I'll muck around with it some more when I get home though if anyone knows a quick solution it would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Plantagenet View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm bombing out with EPGCenter. It returns an error when opening on XP SP2.

"Run Time Error 3078"
    The Microsoft Jet Database engine cannot find the input table or query 'favourites'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

Then it just closes so I dont get the chance to change any settings.

I'll muck around with it some more when I get home though if anyone knows a quick solution it would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks again.
    Do you need .net installed Not sure if that is the problem

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CVLAIS View Post
    what version of multiview did you use, did you use the the one on the gemini download server and if so how the hell did you get the 1.5Meg to fit on the dm500

Thanks
    CVLAIS
    I used the one under the auto install under addons(multiview 3.5.3)... Downloaded and installed no problem.. Also the file that is loaded for the epg is about that 1.5meg.. And I still have room.

P.s I ftp in and deleted the most of the icons dir.. You have to leave one file (the odd one out).. I'm going to design my own icons when I get the chance. I think you would be able to use the ones on lyngsat. Just have to get round to it

Thanks

I installed .net 2.0 but still no go it pops up the same error.

I installed MS office including Access just incase because I noticed the files listed under program files as .mdb but this didnt work as well.

Any clues as to why its bombing out?

Thanks for the help thus far.

Thanks

Ok uninstalled EPGCentre and then re-installed a new download of the program from the above link and works fine now.

Thanks again.

Thanks

yeah got it working thanks Decapper,

just wondering if you got a license version of epgcenter, after all this testing i have nearly used all the evaluation points.

CVLAIS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CVLAIS View Post
    yeah got it working thanks Decapper,

just wondering if you got a license version of epgcenter, after all this testing i have nearly used all the evaluation points.

CVLAIS
    can u let me know if u find one

Thanks

Default close....

I am able to get EPGCentre to ftp the DM, map the DM channels and spit out a cfe file.

I have made sure the inputs.txt file is in the correct directory. EPGCentre can update this file successfully.

What my problem is now is getting EPG settings on the DM to recognise the cfe file. I know Decapper you said you are using gemini 4.2 and I am running Pli-Iolite but shouldn't it be similar? Unfortunately I cannot find an EPG setting on the DM which tells it where to get its EPG data from.

I assume I have tor ig up some sort of channels.txt file as well based on my channels?

Getting close now...if someone could give me the last shove I would greatly appreciate it.